Central Netted Dragon longevity

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlie

Reaction score
Hi all
I was just wondering what was the longevity for a central netted dragon? it appears from reading that anything over 9 year is considered old.
I have a female central netted dragon who is over 14 years and just come out of hibernation. She has always lived by herself, spoilt rotten in a large enclosure decked out with natural furnishings and deep red desert sand where she hibernates every year often for up to 6 months. I got her originally from Shannon Plummer as a hatchling and have a signed copy of her book from 2010. She is definitely aging but I feel every year she comes out of hibernation successfully is a bonus year for us.

I do have a few old animals in my collection which live in a dedicated reptile room including my water dragon at 23 years (from hatchling) and childrens python at 27 years old (from 3 years old).

Thanks
Carlie

wow, 14 years is doing very well. My oldest is 8, when I first got into them everyone called them yearly dragons because of their short life span. But if they make 14 I'll be extremely happy, my oldest beardy made 13, same with 1 of my pygmy beardies.

Latest posts

Back