Charlotte has settled in

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveNT

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Charlotte has settled in nicely, here's some recent pics.

DSC_0886_edited-1.jpgDSC_0887_edited-1.jpgDSC_0890_edited-1.jpg

This window in her hide is her favourite ambush spot. She has trip lines set up across the enclosure and knows instantly when dinner has arrived. Her speed is frightening!

DSC_0758_edited-1.jpg

WOW:shock:...

Im SO going to convince my better half I'm getting one (just for poops and giggles)
...but never get one.

(Just realized I'm looking at you like others look at us snake lovers!:facepalm: Sorry!)

Beautiful, absolutely gorgeous!

....Does she write special messages in her webs? ;)

Is it weird to call a spider cute? She is really beautiful and her enclosure look interesting. Did you have any pics of the while thing? :D

I was watching her one day and after a while she came over and webbed up the glass between us!
like "mind your own business!" Ha ha.

Here is a front view of the tank when I first set it up. There is webbing everywhere now. It's a 30cm glass cube.
DSC_0467_edited-1.jpg DSC_0133_edited-1 (3).jpg

She's a Phlogius sp. "Black" and about 6 inches (150mm) leg spread (very long legs!)
Her colour changes depending on the angle you're looking at her. Front on she is very black.

DSC_0118_edited-1.jpg

1st of all what a gorgeous tarantula! and secondly What a coincidence. Just days ago i started a thread about a couple that i have just picked up.All the times I have been and looked at threads on here and i dont think i have seen a thread about or pics of other peoples tarantula.

Hey porkbones I checked out your thread. Very nice T's. That male Goliath is a beauty. I would love to find a male for Charlotte but there seem to be very few of this species in the trade. My other T is a Selenotypus sp. 4. (Susan) Her body size is about the same as Charlotte but the Phlogius have much longer legs.

DSC_0119_edited-1.jpg

Both my partner and I spend extended periods out bush so the cold blooded pets are ideal for us in terms of feeding. (snakes, spiders, scorpions, fish). Here is my Flinders Ranges scorp "Frank". (Yes I know she's a girl.) One of our biggest species.

DSC_0225_edited-1.jpg DSC_0453_edited-1.jpg

I am checking out reports of an XL yellow tarantula in north west Arnhem Land. Hoping to get out there soon. I found an area in central Arnhem a few months ago with hundreds of T burrows but they were all empty so I assume they must relocate with changing seasons.

This undescribed Lychas sp. scorp turned up in one of the Ranger's fire fighting goggles. Good job he saw it before he put them on!

DSC_0665_edited-1.jpg

image.jpgI had to jump on the computer to have a better look (bigger pics) her coloring is stunning.1 pic she looks black and the nxt she's mainly brown.i have an older T, Selenotholus Gold (sorry pictures aren't great, would not load from the computer so now back on my phone) . A yellow T,hundreds of burrows sounds like a lot of fun ! Tht last scorpion is great looking.

Steve, did you dig the burrows or just have a look down them? Often at this time of year females will seal them up a short distance under the soils surface and remain encapsulated.

Radar former rednut :) I poured water down a lot of burrows and dug a few up but no-one home. It was an area that would be quite damp during the Wet but now bone dry. No signs of recent activity.

I checked out a swamp 500 meters away but it was a meter deep in saw grass, then I heard something behind me.....

DSC_0282_edited-1.jpg

And the cheeky bugger followed me back to the car so I moved on after taking a quick GPS point.
DSC_0285_edited-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back