Choices....choices....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I have never owned a snake before, But he would have to go in a click clack for his first year with a heat cord or heat mat. (?)

Not sure about for an adult though. Did a bit of a search for you but didn't find much.

So anyother people??

Won't get much at this time of night/morning. But not to worry, Weekend tomorrow. The forums will be as lively as a mouse trying to escape the jaws of a Python.

I'm not too sure about the Ackies - I adore them and will have some one day but not for a while yet!
I have a breeding age pair of imbricata and currently they are both housed in a large bird aviary. They are quite beautiful to handle. The size of the enclosure you get will depend on the size of the snake. Just remember that an adult female can grow to 3m.

I would imaging it would be much more exciting to watch some monitors running around the enclosure. It all just comes down to prefrence, don't let some one else make your decision, as it will always be byas in one direction.

I would really love a carpet, and i would really love monitors but i don't think i wil lhave time after school yet to look after ackies, as i am coming up to years 10 and 11 and 12

I think it's very important for you to think about what you'll do with all these animals when you move out of home. When you start renting your own place with some friends, you'll probably have to keep them all in your bedroom, unless the people you live with don't mind them being in the lounge room! And the people you rent the house off might not be too happy about six or more reptiles moving in as well! :) This might be something to talk about with your mum before getting anything else.

Hey guys,
Thanks for all the help!I have decided to get the South Western Carpet Python(Morelia Spilota Imbricata), i will most probaly be getting one at the start-midway of next year. But that doesn't mean i won't get ackies!I will probaly getting ackies later on in life, but i don't know when lol.
Thanks,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back