Croc help??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezmay

Reaction score
Hey,
Just got our bub croc the other day... Worked out this morning that his water heater isnt working and has a large crack up it :( Now he seems to have a white spot behind his eye and a small lump on his side (could be non-related??) As we live in Darwin and our tank is outside, i dont think the water temp through the day is an issue but may have been too cold for 2 nights??
He seems happy enough but cant get a replacement until tomorrow as its Easter today...
Any help would be appreciated :) oh, and Happy Easter :)

Temps won't be a massive issue for this instance IMO (not a long time scale, Darwin location will provide enough of a temp buffer) Having a tank outside for me personally questions temperature regulation, as there is a greater environmental influence on temps within a tank, but there is nothing to say that it can't be setup without any issues (which I am assuming you have taken into consideration).

As far as the white spot and small lump, there is not enough information to make any form of accurate diagnosis.

Cheers,
Daniel

thanx for the feedback.. i got onto where i got him from and im gonna take him in for a check up tomorrow. As for the temps and all that, i was assured its ok for now and just to make sure i have a new heater in the next week or so which is easy done :) i was also told being outside shouldnt be that big an issue because the tank is not in any direct sunlight and is protected from weather :)
Hopefuly i take him in and he is fine :)

Sounds like you have it all sorted, I have a very informative text if there is an issue with a diagnosis that may have some helpful information if needed but they should be able to provide you with answers.
They were the sorts of variables I assumed you had accounted for, so I can't see any issues with such setup.

Cheers,
Daniel

Make sure he has a basking spot with a small heat lamp assuming the tank is in the shade .
even better if you can position the tank so about 1/4 of it gets direct sunlight at around lunch time , the water heater is no biggy,
If the temp drops below 20oC for a week+ with food in his system it can cause a problem.
i know people that got baby crocs from crocodylus and threw them in a pond outside and they survived the dry no probs but not ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back