Gravid Pygmy Beardie -How to Incubate eggs correctly?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaze

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I am new to all this so please be patient.

My Female Pygmy Bearded Dragon is Gravid and due to lay any day now.

I have built an incubator in a polystyrene Broccoli box with Thermostated heat wire etc. I have successfully kept it at 29degrees for the last 2 weeks so I know it will hold the right temperature.

My main question is:
When I place the eggs in the container with the vermiculite do I put a lid on it or not?
If you do use the lid, does it have to have ventilation or be airtight?

I would really appreciate a little help on what to do as I would hate to harm innocent eggs.

I appreciate any advice that comes my way,
Regards,
Blaze :)

Yes the container needs a lid and needs to be air tight. just meausre out your vemiculite and water then make some holes in the vermiculite(like a few mms deep) to place the eggs and the put the lid on the container and open it once a week to circulate the air and if the temperature is good you just have to play the waiting game

I hope to have pics of the bubs but I just want to make sure they hatch safely first.....
As they say : Dont count your chickens.........

Thank you so much.

So is 29degrees the correct temp?
Sorry dont know exact best temp for pygmy dragons but generally 27-29 is good for most things. Also sent you a pm that might help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back