Green tree frogs or thick tailed ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

richoman_3

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey i need help choosing between getting a green tree frog or a thick tailed gecko ? any opinions would be great.

if you like frogs better then i would say to get the green tree frog, but if you dont like frogs so much and prefer gecko's then by all means get the thick tail.

You are asking for others to make your mind up for you. I have frogs and they are very boring, but I dont have a gecko to compare so i cant say if they are amusing to watch.

im not really asking others to tell me, im kinda like trying to see who has them and if they r hard to keep, active etc, and what they would rather have

yeah pretty much get whatever you fancy more.

I would prefer geckos over frogs personally, but i have frogs and will never get rid of them now.
Soon I will be getting a pair of gecko's though.

yer i mite get the gecko, the frogs tank would of looked better then the geckos will though, lol

froggies!
they are absolutely adorable! dont do much during the day (neither do the geckos) but are so cute at night! and go absolutely spastic for crickets! and if i talk to mine, they usually croak back to me :)

6496_135290064136_792659136_2236144_707715_n.jpg

go the froggies :)
froggies.jpg

more_froggies2.jpg

frogs are easy to look after , once u get the right setup .
im looking at buyin more GTF`s this week and a new enclosure .

awww frogs are so cute, i like the geckos eyes though, do frogs need a light ? i know geckos are easier to keep though

warm , i have a heater set on 24c that runs 24hrs aday . it also helps with keeping the humidity right .
ok. so is the bottom like all water( if so how deep ) do they need lily pads ( sorry if im asking too much i get a bit interested )

Geckos rule, nearly got frogs once though but decided theyre too much too look after. Geckos are so easy. Get the thick tails. I reckon bettter to look at aswell. I do like frogs though. Couple of nights ago theyre was as storm and there was heaps of frogs out on the verandah. a HUGE gtf right behind a couple of perons trees and heaps of dwarfs eerywhere.

theres many diffrent ways of seting a frog enclosure up , i went with a simple way ..... see pics
frogs.jpg

mmmfrog.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back