HELP!!! Holden GTS or Ford GTP?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough. The only thing I can advise then, is to put away the brand loyalty and pick a car based on its merits. Drive both and see what gets your adrenaline pumping more, take not of the quality of each car, even down to minute details like buttons and things like that.

Post pics :)

The FPV is a limited edition low production run with its number on the dash and the HSV is a slightly greater production run with its number under the bonnet on the right hand side. The FPV is considered the most powerful factory built aussie vehicle ever making it an instant classic.
The Monaros were not HSVs and were not a numbered, limited production vehicle, just a coupe version of the commodore. Therefore of limited rarity value.

The Focus is just the base model for the same deal as the top of the line Cruze.

Im a Holden man through and through... So the GTS is by far the better option there. I have a VERY limited edition 5th Anniversary Clubsport - only 63 produced. It is a shame they produce the amount of cars they do now days. But they have to make the $$$ some how. Whats the production run on the FPV and HSV that your looking at out of interest?

As said, im all about Holden, but unfortunately, i think the Focus would be the better option. Nothing against the Cruze. It looks nice and sounds well appointed, but underneath everything, the German engineering would be a massive advantage i would think.

As a package though, it has to be Holden/HSV!!!! Cant wait to see pics when you get them ;) Have you taken all above mentioned cars for a spin? Whats the opinions there?

l am a Holden / Ford fence sitter but there are a few "distorted facts" in this thread...for a starter, comparing an M3 to HSV or FPV $145,000 versus two $75,000-$80,000 cars now try and do your own oil and filter change in an M3 mmmmm,
next, now be honest blue and red people there hasn't been an "instant" classic yet with the "possible" exception of the HSV 427 kawasaki rider goes on about the VK group A but thats now 25-30 years old now l have owned three GT falcons including the famed XY GT but l remember in the late 70's when you couldn't give them away, IMO both blue and red cars esculate in value if kept to low milage and in excellent condition will nearly always be worth more in 20+ years but both those are easier said than done.....just my opinion as a genuine fence sitter
.......solar 17 (Baden)

Last edited by a moderator:
Should've started a poll, see the difference easily.

Personally I would go the holden. I have an '02 WH2 5.7L Caprice and it has never been in for an unscheduled service. Both my parents are ford people.....they currently own a holden! I rest my case.

The value of the M3 will drop like a brick with every year, the Fords and Holdens by HSV and FPV will hold and possibly increase in value over the years. Better investment potential to get a fully optioned top of the line HSV or FPV.
no way today's cars are plastic and to easly broken compared to the old cars
you cant hold resale value when the computer keeps dieing or the bumpers buckel under 2lbs pressure lol
besides any "high end" Holden or ford cant even hold a candle to todays bikes :)

I was always a holden man but i don't like the new holdens. I think the new fords are much better looking, sounding and have a much better interior than the holden. Plus I have seen more HSV on the road than FPV

try and do your own oil and filter change in an M3 mmmmm,

Just because it's a european car doesn't mean that it is some mythical beast that you can't service yourself. Drain the sump, replace the filter, do up the sump plug and fill it up.

That's all negligible, though... Any car he gets will be new, so they would be serviced by a dealer so the warranty doesn't become void. That would be the case with a used M3. The M3 would be more money, granted.

go the ford just to be "somewhat" different. ****in hate holdens soo much . well not actually holdens just the cliche people that drive them and think their the ducks nuts

Holden...I cant believe ur even thinking about getting a ford..eww

Ford and Holden drivers both think their cars are the shizz, kawasaki riders think their bikes are the best :p, anyone who drives/rides anything and is into cars is generally bias until they get sick of something and move onto the next thing. I like everything and appreciate it for what it is though, no point in comparing apples to oranges. Nothing Australia produces can hold a candle to jap or euro stuff around a track, though. In saying that, the cars in question are family sedans so they are good bits of gear for a 5 seat 4 door car :)

Holden...I cant believe ur even thinking about getting a ford..eww

Care to offer us a mechanical reason as to why one is better than the other? Or did you just pick one because your dad is a hardcore holden fan? No offense is intended here, it just frustrates me when people are bias without a decent reason.

I made a mistake in one of my previous posts, too. Apparently the new M3's aren't so easy to service, lol.

Last edited:
I'll give you a vehicle history of me. Started with a "72"Corolla, then had various falcon station wagons, panel vans and utes as company cars. In amongst them I got a Lancia Beta HPE. Then a Hilux ute, a 4 runner then a Hilux Surf 3.0 TD. I then moved up to Range Rovers and a Disco. One of the Rangies had a 4.2l ported and polished, blue printed and balanced 350 BHP professionally built engine. The Disco (Which I still have) Has the larger 3.9l and can do a 100m 4 wheel burn out. The wifey has a 2010 Holden Barina.

The Disco will be my daily driver, the Cruze/Focus for the wifey (the Barina will be given to the outlaws) and the HSV/FPV will be for going for a drive on weekends or the occasional fun at a track. It is more a fun investment to keep for 10-20 yrs.

Someone asked about prices ...HSV GTS $82 000, FPV GTP $88 000, Holden will do a deal of around $110 000 for the HSV and the top Cruze, Ford said they don't do deals but for the same price would do the base model Focus and the GTP for a bit above the $110 000 mark.

I've owned over 25 cars including absolutely everything....jap performance turbo for sure....

especially if you could get a 35 gtr for the money you are looking at spending [not sure if they have dropped enough yet]

heres a wild idea why do u drive all four and make your own mind up ?. your the one forkingout all the cash - :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

2nd hand is not an option. Jap crap too plain. European the best but toooooo expensive new and doesn't hold any value. That leaves the Chrysler 300c SRT 6.1 ($69 990) or Aussie v8s.

I have driven the 4 and their isn't much difference, except the huge bonnet bump on the ford (Annoying for a short @$$ like me).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back