HELP!!! Holden GTS or Ford GTP?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fugawi

Reaction score
Looking at getting a package deal of either a HSV GTS with a Holden Cruize or a FPV GTP with a Focus.

Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi.......Your my only hope.........

Gtp. My bro has the new 5ltr it rocks so hard. And the focus is such a better car than the cruze. Especially the new one.

Holden's keep more of their re-sale value than fords i think (depending on model etc but a friend bought a ford ute and it lost so much value compared to the same age etc of holden ute).
I would go with the Holdens for sure :D

This probably belongs in the "You know your a reptile keeper when....", but when I skimmed the title of the post I was thinking hmm Green Tree Snake Vs Green Tree Python and what the hell does ford & holden have to do with them - new locality perhaps...;)

HSV GTS with a Holden Cruize or a FPV GTP with a Focus.HSV-old tech chev motor,overdue for an update....Cruze-rebadge korean Daewoo::::FPV-new tech supercharged coyote motor...Focus-european engineering

Aside from the usual ford vs holden debate, both cars are actually as different as chalk and cheese. One gets its power from a smaller v8 with supercharging the other with sheer brute force of cubes. The HSV is probably less fuel economic due to the size of its engine but with less moving parts due to no supercharger to go wrong may be better on service costs. Exteriors....I have always loved Fords but the current Holden looks more meaner to me. Interior....HSV has more gizmos and will fit a factory DVD in the rear. You need to go aftermarket with the Ford. The list goes on.....

Cruize vs Focus.....Cruize built by Kia or Daewoo in Korea, Focus built in Germany on a European design. Cruize seemingly underpowered with the top of the line model having a 1.4 turbo delivering 2kw more than the base model 1.8 engine, in fact the diesel develops the most power and torque but is not available in the top models. It has a bigger boot and rear leg room, has the same in dash screen as the HSV and can be matched with colours and stripes to the HSV. The Focus seems better designed but feels more cramped in the front seats, has a tiny boot and is cramped in the back. The Focus has a much better powerplant and drives better.

They all have their good points and bad points.

I'd go the ford, but I wouldn't get an 8 cyl. I'd get a turbo'd 6. Heaps more potential.

Is the focus an XR5 turbo? They are quick as, and can be off tap with some work.

if you really need Holden or ford i would go Ford, BUT to be honest for the money your looking at spending there as SOOOOO many better options available than either of those two

GTS > GTP

Focus > Cruze

FTP? Lulz. Your opinion is now invalid.

if you really need Holden or ford i would go Ford, BUT to be honest for the money your looking at spending there as SOOOOO many better options available than either of those two

Definitely! Holdens and fords depreciate so much and they aren't special. For the money there are tons of awesome cars out there. Even look at a second hand M3 from like 2009/10.

FTP? Lulz. Your opinion is now invalid.

Good work buddy; sorry I didn't use the phrase "off tap" to show that I belong in a car convo.

I've been building a website all day, got the word FTP stuck in my head.

FTP = file transfer protocol

Pull your head in mate...

The value of the M3 will drop like a brick with every year, the Fords and Holdens by HSV and FPV will hold and possibly increase in value over the years. Better investment potential to get a fully optioned top of the line HSV or FPV.

Im holden and id go the hsv but id take the focus over the cruise which im guessing you cant do in this deal.....
still go the hsv
my 2 cents

Good work buddy; sorry I didn't use the phrase "off tap" to show that I belong in a car convo.

I've been building a website all day, got the word FTP stuck in my head.

FTP = file transfer protocol

Pull your head in mate...

Well, we learn something new every day. File transfer protocol. No need to get "off tap" mate, I was having a joke.

Fugawi - I have to say I disagree with you about the depreciation of fords and holdens. Yeah, the M3 will depreciate, but it's a better car (IMO), and because these performance vehicles aren't limited editions, they won't hold their value at all.

Look at the monaro's with the VX shape to them, they can be had for 20k now days. The new line of cars won't be worth the same amount of money in the future as a group A VK is now days.

But it's your dough, mate. Any new car is a nice vehicle. What sort of focus are ford going to do a deal with? As I mentioned earlier, they can be "off tap", hehe.

The FPV is a limited edition low production run with its number on the dash and the HSV is a slightly greater production run with its number under the bonnet on the right hand side. The FPV is considered the most powerful factory built aussie vehicle ever making it an instant classic.
The Monaros were not HSVs and were not a numbered, limited production vehicle, just a coupe version of the commodore. Therefore of limited rarity value.

The Focus is just the base model for the same deal as the top of the line Cruze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back