HELP!!! Holden GTS or Ford GTP?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy a car for the wifey,and build yourself a toy,DRB 540,Boss Cobra,Gt40 all great for short @$$es

Oooooooo Kit Cars, Don't think so, little to no warrantee, shaky workmanship (My workmanship) and parts from 20-30 different cars. No thanks.:) But good suggestion.

I will suggest a Caterham R500

my uncle has a 40yr old Lotus 7 and that thing is unreal, if you want a good weekend car that's the way to go, more hp/tonne then a veyron :)

that 40year old lotus would still kick most falcons and commodores today so +1 for a caterham :lol:

The new 5.0ltr supercharged falcon looks good.I saw a new 335 kw falcon on the road last week looked sweet.Heaps of potential there if your a revhead lol.I did read on the Ford forums with a few mods they were running low tens.Also I'm a bit bias as I've owned all falcons from xy's to xr8's,but I'm currently driving a 4.0ltr disco fully locked.I don't see the point anymore in owning something that you can never drive to its potential without handing over your licence LOL.Actually I've talked to a few local highway patrol and from what they were saying the golden is better in a pursuit but at the end of the day the falcon is more comfortable to drive.Cheers Fellow disco driver.

Oooooooo Kit Cars, Don't think so, little to no warrantee, shaky workmanship (My workmanship) and parts from 20-30 different cars. No thanks.:) But good suggestion.
DRB cars are Deliberately Race Bred,works of art that you can buy turn key to your specs.Have been in business for over 30 years,always building new cars because I do drive by's to admire.

Holden's keep more of their re-sale value than fords i think (depending on model etc but a friend bought a ford ute and it lost so much value compared to the same age etc of holden ute).
I would go with the Holdens for sure :D

Doesnt matter what car you buy these days, once you drive it out the shop you have already lost 40%

I follow holden but i think a ford is the better car of them both.
Go ford man you wont turn back.

Doesnt matter what car you buy these days, once you drive it out the shop you have already lost 40%

I follow holden but i think a ford is the better car of them both.
Go ford man you wont turn back.

Try about 6% a year or something, lol.

I don't know where i sit on the holden/ford sides of the fence these days. I love holdens but i drive a ford. (Focus XR5 turbo)

I love the look of the Holden however if its performance you're after i think the ford comes out on top. If you're one to mod the car you will have AWESOME results with the ford.

With the cruze/focus side... I drive a focus but its the XR5 turbo model so its not the best representation if you're talking base models. i've also driven from melbourne to coober pedy and back in a Cruze so i've got experience in that. Also it was said the focus is made in germany, thats not exactly right. Only the XR5 is made in Germany, i think the normal focii are made in South Africa.

Thats for the old focus too (2010). If its a new focus i think they're rippers of cars with some awesome features.

I'm not sure which car i'd actually go for and thats probably as balanced of an opinion as you're going to get haha. Test drive them all, and the right one will let you know :p

Looking at getting a package deal of either a HSV GTS with a Holden Cruize or a FPV GTP with a Focus.

Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi.......Your my only hope.........

I have purchased both new (original owner) and in silver manual!
The GTS is 3 times better to drive and has better re-sale value too.

Cheers.

PS.....have not had a single issue with the HSV, the FPV had many!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back