herps wanted

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sammy09

Reaction score
i want a reptile but dont have much money and this is my first one so can you help me by recomending one.

Last edited:
if you want a cheap snake i would recommend a childreni python
there around 200-250 mark.
have you got the cage yet?

make sure you have enough money put aside for the important stuff tho not just the snake. Like food, heating and medical bills if theres something wrong with the snake or whatever youre getting. wouldn't want your pet to not be taken care of properly =). good luck!

Get a girlfriend
Sorry, I forgot, you said that you did'nt have much money,
Women cost a fortune................lol
Go for a blue tongue.

Get a girlfriend
Sorry, I forgot, you said that you did'nt have much money,
Women cost a fortune................lol
Go for a blue tongue.
lol they do cost a lot but about the blue tongue i had one wen i was younger and sometimes stayd at my dads (he loves animals aswell)

As mentioned, getting a herp, or any pet for that matter, is a long term commitment, not just a one-off event. You MUST be prepared to look after the animal, whatever you get. Not trying to put you off, just something to keep in mind - as mentioned, there's equipment, food and medical bills to think about.
Having said that, if you're on the tight side with money, prob best to go for a lizard over a snake. That will also give you experience in reptile husbandry, which you can then apply later on down the track by getting a snake if you still want one.
Good luck, and be sure to post some pics of your new baby when you eventually get one!
Nic

get some thick tail geckoes they're really cheap because they dont need heating:). they're also awesome to watch at night:)

and what is the price for one plus everything else that it will need

no they dont need UV cause they are hiding all day but come out at night to hunt:). a single gecko is about $80. the enclosure needs to be 60cm long 30cm high and 30 deep for an adult pair cause they are terrestrial:). you could make an enclosure which would save you a lot of money:)

yeah i would suggest building one. you will save a lot of money and have more in turn to pay for all the internal setup of it.

I just made mine up the last few days.

About to move my little guy over to it in the next day or so once I deck out the inside for him.

I made mine from MDF and so far still probably spent over 100 making it.

Have a search on here and google about the requirements of their environment and lighting and temperature etc before you rush out and get one also.

I did a few days of reading before choosing and getting the snake I wanted. Remember they live for 20-30 years so you may as well pick the one you really want now and find the dough for it, even if it means waiting a little longer.

Just my 2 cents anyway.

Best of luck with it.

I just made mine up the last few days.

About to move my little guy over to it in the next day or so once I deck out the inside for him.

I made mine from MDF and so far still probably spent over 100 making it.

Have a search on here and google about the requirements of their environment and lighting and temperature etc before you rush out and get one also.

I did a few days of reading before choosing and getting the snake I wanted. Remember they live for 20-30 years so you may as well pick the one you really want now and find the dough for it, even if it means waiting a little longer.

Just my 2 cents anyway.

Best of luck with it.
thanks for the info JedEye

no they do not need lighting:). you could make the enclosure out of ply wood with a glass or perplex front for viewing them:).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back