Hi everyone

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

UvFrog

Reaction score
Hi everyone

P1000998.jpg
we recently made the family decision to get a pet python to add to our ever growing zoo.
we shopped around for ages looking for the right one, when we stumbled across this little princess who was owned by people that really didn't look after her, her enclosure was full of feces, rotten mice, the last few sheds and no water, it was upsetting to see that people could do this to her, we knew straight away we would have to take the snake into our ever growing family to be sure the poor thing had a chance. Her original owners said she was angry would bite and never handled her and just through mice in every now and then.
After hearing that my 10yo son (who has handled a hatching once) opened her enclosure, hand straight in, picked her up like they had been friends for years, she seems to be doing well and looks like she is coming up for a shed soon.

is there any "hints or tips" you guys can offer us for looking after our newest family member?

cool

Just keep it warm, fresh water, and dont handle too much, as it can freak your snake out. From how it was living i would worm and check for parrisites.

thanks for your advise, how long before we should feed and try to handle her?

some more pics
P1010007.jpg
P1010005.jpg
P1010002.jpg

Last edited:
Hello and welcome, wow i dont know how people can be so cruel glad he/ she is in good hands good on ya!
wonderful little snake!

be sure to let him/her settle for at least a week so it can get comfortable with its surroundings how old is it? when snakes are shedding they generally go off their food sometimes and can get snappy it usually takes a week or two to complete its shed
hope this helps

Thanks for your advice,
she's meant to be a she and 80cm long
we were told she is a 18 month old chocolate maculousa and came from a pet store on the yorke peninsula her mother is meant to be called Pandora, i have never herd of this breed myself, we were looking at stimsons hatch-lings before we got her but now my partner says she would like a albino of some sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back