how strong is your dog

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had to remove all the large timber and bricks from the yard because my german shepherds think its great fun to just throw them around and break bricks on the verander. Trying to build them a tyre swing to pull and knock around today, & a new freakin kennel because the last one I build they knocked it down while wrestling...it was made from plywood and fairly bloody solid...but they can get a away with it...

& lets not get into the damage door discussions, our dogs rule front, side and back doors...

As far as farts go...lets just say they can be bad enough to wake the dead..."stings the nostrils" lol. (only one of mine does it & burts like Barney from simpsons, very relaxed happy pup!)

My dog jumped straight into an upright metal pole numerous times. The same dog has been bitten by a red belly.

i was mucking around on a 22tonne excavator chasing my dog with the mud bucket and jammed him underneath it.....he was bruised and hurt but other than that he was fine.

your situation sounds worse than that though, id be getting scans done, i couldent imagine a head injury like that not doing permanant damage.

here is a pic of baxter 15yo and still strong as an ox

Attachments

• 049.jpg
    049.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 56
Far out! Yeah either the hit from the sledge hammer was fairly light, or it scuffed your dog, forit were a full blow, your dog would be a dribbling mess..

I've been around working breeds my whole life and have seen the gammit of injuries,from man stoppers breaking through windows, car windows etc, to un schooled pig dogs being trampled by mallee bulls in the field.

I would be seriously worried about neurological disorders in the rotti.

Jimmy, You shoulod set up a spring pole type design for your dogs to play tug of war with, made correctly they will never beat it, attach a garage door type spring up in the tree or wherever you use it, run a small chain from the spring to whatever device you choose them to grip, i usually use a hide of somesort, roo skin, beef hide etc.. they will work it for days on end.

Cheers

RD

Years ago in london, Ileft the house to go to work, crossed a busy road to get to my car, when i heard a screech of tyres behind me. I turned round to see the aftermath of my Rottie x Newfoundland running head first into a car. The woman driver got out screaming, hystericaly, thinking she had killed Barnie, who had jumped the fence to follow me. Had to replace the ladies, door panel, but Barnie" THE BEAR" was fit as a flea, and jumping all over me...lol 80 Kilo's of brawn, who once swam across the River Thames to get to me on the other side. He was some dog, bless him...

my laha laphso x foxy "small fluffy and fat' tried to hump the lab x next door at the wrong so it was her shoulder, she was slightly pissed picked him up like a 6pak shook the crap out of him and literally almost detached his front leg. trip the vet stitched him up a couple of times due to comlications. lots of TLC and as good as gold. next trip to the vet was to get cut.

ill agree with u red devil about the working pig dogs, the punishment that those dogs go thru for the enjoyment of catching a big stinky boar for their master is unbelievable, it really has to be seen to be believed.. sure they occasionally get hurt but the force of knocks ive witnessed is crazy and the dogs do it for a pat and "good boy" and a feed at the end of the day.. dogs are truely tough animals and i have the utmost respect for them

tonks

i was mucking around on a 22tonne excavator chasing my dog with the mud bucket and jammed him underneath it.....he was bruised and hurt but other than that he was fine.

your situation sounds worse than that though, id be getting scans done, i couldent imagine a head injury like that not doing permanant damage.

here is a pic of baxter 15yo and still strong as an ox
Nice Looking Pitty!!

My old dog got hit by a car about 3 times. The first time his whole stomach turned to jelly, he made it through easily, second and third time we didnt even need to take him to the vet, and he died years later of old age.

well mate for my mate to break down in tears he must of hit him pritty hard. so i thing it was i good blow

my dog is fine hes srong azz. my missis mum is a vet so he has has had every check that can be done and he got his stitches out 2day and hez fine. he was a little snappy for a few day but other than that fine. thanks for all the replys

Had a mastiff x that managed to get out of the cage on the back of the landcruiser and go under the fully loaded trailer. Felt the thump, looked in the rear view mirror, only to see the dog buggering off into the scrub. We called him back in, took a couple of minutes but he came out of hiding, had a big tire track across his guts where he'd gone straight under the wheel. Bit of bruising was all he had to show the next day.

My brave dog is fighting for its life at the moment.
Blood clot in her lungs.
3rd week now and she's still fighting.
Breaks my heart to see her go through this, but she's been given a 70% of making it.
She deserves that chance.
She's my best mate..........................
Photo of her on my avatar.

oh im so sorry to hear that mungus i hope she pulls through. all the best and iv got my fingers crossed for ya

my dog was smashed by a car... then she got up and walked home. she needed 14 stitches but she didnt care. BTW she's a tiny little Jack Russel/terrier cross.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back