Husbandry and Keeping of Yellow Faced Whips

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brodieizzard

Reaction score
Hey all. I’m trying to find relevant and updated information on keeping yellow faced whipsnakes. I’ve been keeping snakes like scrubbys, rough scale pythons, brown trees and the usual pythons, so I’d like to think I’m prepared for the fussy feeding I’ve been warned about.

I’m really interested in learning everything there is to know about them. How to feed and ween them off to frozen thawed mice if not already feeding off them when I buy. The ideal setup for them, past experiences owning them, absolutely everything anyone has knowledge on them. Happy to hear what everyone has to say!

They're just pretty normal snakes, nothing too amazing in terms of how you keep them. No crazy temperature requirements, no crazy furnishings etc, just what you'd expect for a snake that size plus the usual considerations for something venomous (house them like a small Red-bellied, Brown, Collett's or whatever). Some of them will take mice pretty easily, some will be fussy. The usual techniques of scenting etc are your best bet for getting a lizard feeder on to mice, it's not like there's some radical different method specific to Yellow-faced Whipsnakes.

Cool snakes to keep! Good luck, have fun!

Latest posts

Back