i need help with my Bird eating spider

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

will.harris88

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hi guys this is my new bird eating spider i just brought home....the pet shop told me he is a Species G, Bird eating spider.....can any1 help me with an actual name of the species? so i have more of an idea what to expect with him?

DSC00375.jpg

There is no such thing as a species G. Your spider is in the genus Selenotypus but other then that it is a bit hard to ID from that photo. You need perfect photo's from above, the sids and the back (angles shots would also help).

wow, thats an awesome looking spider :D i really want a spider but my dad would never let me lol :/ how much did you pay for him/her if you dont mind me asking :)

i got him for $120 from my local petshop...probly different prices depending where u go

yeh in the nicest way possible if i got a spider or a snake ill have no balls left from the missus and her 10 inch cutting knife :-(

Haha yeah my mrs isn't much of a fan of them....but if she wants cats and dogs...she has to accept my pets

Closest sounding actual species to "Species G" would be "Species 3", but as Daniel said you'd need better pics to get a certain answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back