Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks longtom. I have done a rescue for a gts and I must admit they are bloody fast. This one was in a letterbox. I opened it up and was up the tree before I coud bat an eyelid, fixed the problem though...LOL

ive been looking for a green tree snake for ages just wondering what there temprement was like and do they really let of a smell when there angry.

hi apple yesnot bad only when stressed i notice it on hatchlings but cant say ive noticed my adults doing it for a long time and i was handling one yesterday there temperment highly strung ,nervous but they settle qwick once your holding ,not the sort of snake you take for a walk on the grass less it was a foot ball oval they hiss,blow there throats out mock strike but are hard pressed to draw blood but can ive had a feeding resonse from large female but only once and was very surprized

any way didnt mean to hijack another thread..we were talking about colubrids right?lol..my fave colubrid i think would be a the slatey greys.two which i had years ago..which i bought from a petshop in ..elwood..think it was 160$ for the pair,which turned out to be both males :roll: :p
live and learn huh?
:| bazmo

slateys should be called bitey greys closed you can get to having an elapid but its colubrid pretty easy to keep like the cold more than the heat mine feed well on fuzzy rats have you had one latch on to you baz they dont like to let go just chew chew

the ones i had never bit which was strange i thought at the time..even though i was a very naive kid then.(now im a naive adult}
they did stink sometimes when they were being handled at first..real nasty smell..oh yeh and they were definitly w/c adults
baz

mine ive learn to respect as if you push your luck they will bite not a pain ful bite blood but its getting em to let go i bred some year before last hatchlings were same but couldnt do much but the way they throw there body around when there being defensive alot of people look at them and say oh really plain but they make up for there looks in behavior i think!!

Bert
normal_DSCF2151.JPG

Jaws
normal_DSCF2034.JPG

Jaws at home
normal_DSCF3317.JPG

and not quite a Colubrid, here is Nessie.
normal_DSCF2242.JPG

Larger pics of the above can be found here: http://www.arafurae.net/gallery/index.php

Two pics? There are a few of Bert up there, he is the only BTS I have, all the BTS pics are of him. :)

ive been looking for some for a long time saw some hatchlings couple years back think they were in vic wish id of got some now

no i was meaning the keel back one in your hand inst one in a fish tank or am i going blind

Bert is an absolute sook and has never ever attempted to bite me or even look like he wants to, even when assisting him to shed around the head (we had a rough patch). He can be a little shy and jumpy when removed from his tank and needs to be held quietly for a minute or two to settle, then he is more than happy to hang around your neck or sit in your lap and watch the world go by.

Jaws is a single female, also, like Bert, looking for the love of her life. She is my only Keelback. :(

if your ever in qweenland craig go for a drive to cangra at night on a coolish night some times you see thee or four hey wrasse jaws pic is that a keel back??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back