Licensing Question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve-83

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hello again everybody! Its been a few years since ive posted on here and I have a situation regarding licensing which is concerning me... I have been living and working overseas for 2.5 years now and before I left I was a very keen keeper of pythons. I had an excellent opportunity to go and work and live in China, so I packed up my stuff sold all my pythons except for my favourite to which I gave to a friend of mine who is an experienced and licenced keeper to take care of pending my return. Before I left I updated my records (back in the day where it was a book which had to be posted) and off my went. The following year I had a request via email to update my fauna records which I felt I didnt have to do considering I no longer kept any pythons and now this year I have received the same request. So this concerned me so I promptly emailed NSW licensing and explained my situation. Furthermore I have received a reply quite some time later advising me that they are receiving alot of inquiries and they will get back to me shortly... No problem, however its been almost 2 months since this reply and since then I have sent another 2 emails kindly reminding them of my situation. I have tried to log into and register on the website however all of my paperwork and AKL number is in Australia so I cant unfortunately even log in as I cant recite my AKL number.My fear is that when I move back to Australia and wish to keep pythons again there may be an issue with my licensing and ultimately I may not be able to keep any animals.Am i worrying over nothing and it will all come out in the wash or do I have something legitimate to be concerned about? Has anyone else had a similar issue?Thanks in advance

Sorry, I can`t offer any advice other than to say, its situations like this that common sense should prevail. They should see your genuine efforts to get it sorted and do the right thing. It would be great if there was a representative member from the licensing departments in each state on APS to assist with these kinds of enquiries, because they can be difficult and slow to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back