My lovely new boy!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mblissett

Reaction score
This is my lovely new boy I purchased today.

I have named him Monster :)

He is so gorgeous - don't you think????

And Gaga (the dark one) loves him..... They were curled up asleep together today

Attachments

• P1000996.jpg
    P1000996.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 156
  • P6210941.JPG
    P6210941.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 144
  • P6210940.JPG
    P6210940.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 140
  • P1000992.jpg
    P1000992.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 131
Magnificent looking animal - is he a good handler? Hopefully you'll see some bubs in the future...
Nic

aww, sooo cute!

i got 4 a couple of weeks ago, theyre so much more awesome than i expected! :)

yeah, he is pretty good at handling, although he likes to piddle.... I am sure with more handling that will stop...... he is a little shy at the moment, but Gaga was like that when I got her....

Gaga thinks my hand is food lol, teach me to dangle a pinky in front of her! I never thought they become so interactive, soon as they see me they are like come pat me :)

4ft length x 2ft width x 3ft height

As they live with 2 central beardies.....

Let's hope you don't see bubs anytime soon from those two... two different subspecies. T. rugosa rugosa, and T. rugosa aspera (the dark one with the thick tail). Please don't keep them together if they're a pair.

Jamie.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol, havent been piddled on yet, one did do a dirty big crap on the sleeping beanbag/towel last night,..! :p

Let's hope you don't see bubs anytime soon from those two... two different subspecies. T. rugosa rugosa, and T. rugosa aspera (the dark one with the thick tail). Please don't keep them together if they're a pair.

Jamie.
Good call... my bad.:oops:

wouldnt that be the same as crossing palmerston and atherton jungles?

somehow that seems to be common practice and isnt frowned upon,.....

not that im saying breed them,...but the jungle thing has been confusing me for ages!!

No, because Palmerston and Atherton Jungles are both Morelia spilota cheyni, but the two stumpies are both different sub-species (Tiliqua rugosa rugosa and Tiliqua rugosa aspera). So its more like crossing a Jungle with a Diamond!

fair enough, so just because someone didnt give different locales different names with the jungles but did with the shingles it makes it wrong, i can see more differences between the jungles than between the shingles,..

i consider crossed jungles to be mongrels, lol,....

They are classed into different sub-species due to the taxonomy of the animals, not just because someone decided to give it a different name. The differences aren't always distinct such as patterns and colouration etc, its also scale counts and the physical shape of the animal etc. So you may notice more differences between the Jungles than between the stumpies, but chances are the Jungles only difference is colouration/pattern and the stumpies differences are physical structure etc aswell as colouration/pattern.

And yes i do agree, I consider anything thats not loaclity specific to be mongrels lol

Jamie.

Hi Jamie,

I am a little confused..... They are both down on licence as just Tiliqua rugosa

Do you mind explaining it a little more......

The coloured one is supposed to be a boy

The dark one is supposed to be a girl

Its quite simple, They are 2 totally different sub species, Rugosa Rugosa is found in WA mainly with some found in the Nullabour and are of different confirmation to Rugosa Aspera thats found in the eastern states.
Both these types vary quite a lot from each other in size, shape etc.
As Jamie stated if they are in fact male and female please keep them seperate.

Thank Beeman,

Are the supposed to be on licence as different sub species, or is there only the one code for Shinglebacks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back