New carpet keeper

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drakethesnake

Reaction score
Hi all.
Ever since I was a teen I always wanted a carpet python. My dream come true 4 days ago and 30 years later lol im now a proud mummy to a diamond x Darwin carpet Albino and he is so handsome. I'm being very patient so I don't ruin the trust we have already but love him to bits.

Attachments

• 20240208_121758.jpg
    20240208_121758.jpg
    862.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 20240208_191109.jpg
    20240208_191109.jpg
    608.9 KB · Views: 0
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your gorgeous boy 😍 I’m in a similar position to you. Loved and wanted to keep reptiles for many years but only got my first a month ago. Aren’t they incredible creatures? I’m sure my girl gets sick of me staring at her and telling her how beautiful she is 😆

Ya, i read. you said diamond x darwin carpet albino, but its not albino, so its just diamond x Darwin carpet, OR Diamond x Darwin Het albino
Haha yep, ok! Think I'll go on what the breeder said and my research and not what you say! Anyway, thus has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with my question.

Haha yep, ok! Think I'll go on what the breeder said and my research and not what you say! Anyway, thus has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with my question.
Haha yep, ok! A breeder that cross breeds different species to make a mutt then pass it on to you mislabeled! Good one! Hope you didn’t spend more than $25

If you haven’t worked it out yet, an albino darwin is yellow and white! X that with a diamond and itd most like be mostly yellow and no pattern (I’ve attached a picture)

Attachments

• IMG_2427.png
    IMG_2427.png
    5.6 MB · Views: 0
It's a cross! Geez I'm new and know that!!! Diamond X Darwin albino, didn't you read?
It's kind of saddening, being a new member myself, to see some veiled nastiness in here. I didn't think this was Twitter or Facebook.
Personally, I'd have responded with a question about why the member who has been on these fora for 5 years suggested that it was not what the breeder told you it was.
A little politeness goes a long way.

Haha yep, ok! Think I'll go on what the breeder said and my research and not what you say!

Perhaps double check with the breeder to what they actually said because Herpetology is 100% correct that it isn't albino. The assumption that it could be het for albino is a possibility, though only the breeder could say for certain.

Anyway, thus has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with my question.

Eh? Your question was "didn't you read?". He read your post and even directly quoted you "diamond x Darwin carpet Albino".

I think you have all misunderstood what the OP has written, they were saying one of the parent snakes was an albino Darwin - not that the snake in the photos is albino

It's kind of saddening, being a new member myself, to see some veiled nastiness in here. I didn't think this was Twitter or Facebook.
Personally, I'd have responded with a question about why the member who has been on these fora for 5 years suggested that it was not what the breeder told you it was.
A little politeness goes a long way.
I agree Brad. I’ve been watching this conversation unfold and I think it’s really unnecessary to treat each other this way. The OP obviously came on to express excitement about her new snake and didn’t take kindly to being questioned about the breed. Yes, she could have been less hostile in her responses but whether or not the snake is albino is irrelevant and the comments that have followed (from both sides) have been disappointing.

As a new member myself, stuff like this makes me not want to participate. We are all here out of our shared love of reptiles. Can we just be kind to each other please??

Last edited:
I think you have all misunderstood what the OP has written, they were saying one of the parent snakes was an albino Darwin - not that the snake in the photos is albino
That’s great and all but they said “im now a proud mummy to a diamond x Darwin carpet Albino and he is so handsome.”

Which blows apart your argument

But for the sake of it, let’s assume they were the parents. What did the breeder advertise it as to make OP think this is an darwin diamond albino (see where they tried to correct me when I told them it wasn’t an albino)

I agree Brad. I’ve been watching this conversation unfold and I think it’s really unnecessary to treat each other this way. The OP obviously came on to express excitement about her new snake and didn’t take kindly to being questioned about the breed. Yes, she could have been less hostile in her responses but whether or not the snake is albino is irrelevant and the comments that have followed (from both sides) have been disappointing.

As a new member myself, stuff like this makes me not want to participate. We are all here out of our shared love of reptiles. Can we just be kind to each other please??
You’ll see that I corrected them and even welcomed them to the hobby :) how’s that for education

Please let me know where I was being mean in telling them straight facts

Last edited:
Back