Never thought it would be me...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't give up hope, she could turn up weeks from now, no worse for wear.
Don't stop looking, go over places you have all ready looked.
Every time I see you have put another post up I hope its the one saying you have found her.

me too :( like i said, i'm hoping nobody has eaten her

I'm guessing you would have found some evidence if that was the case? Don't know that much about cats, but if they are well fed, surely they don't eat everything?
Don't even want to think about it :(
I'm sure she will turn up :)

We have a cat and the only thing it seems to preys on is the introduced house geckos. It always leaves bits and peices everywhere when it catches one. It is a very big cat too. So I think if your cat got your snake there would be something left behind.

Good luck with finding it, I'm sure it is there somewhere..

dont worry they are usually in the last place...ive had one missing for 6 months and all of a sudden it showed up at about 11pm climbing the stair from the downstairs kitchen trying to get to the top floor where we had just bought in the mouse pen 2 days before lol...they rarely leave the house ...just gota be patient and look everywhere lol

Hey Ash, I had a thought, hopefully its not a stupid one

Could you set up a desk lamp on the floor with a heat lamp in it, and maybe the heat will entice her out to it?
My son has a lamp, its on a stand, and it has a flexible (so you can point it in any direction) pole about 12-15 cm long, and he put a heat lamp in it for some reason once, and it occurred to me that may work.

me too...i'm really worried because she just ate, and i dont want her to die from not being able to digest

If she feels she can't finish digesting, chances are she'll regurgitate it... which you'll find due to the smell :lol: or if she finds somewhere warm, you'll find fresh snake excrement. Don't give up, I found mine after 3 days, and people say theirs turn up after a few months! Just look everywhere, and everywhere again. I had my male curl up inside a drawer I had already searched, and my female inside my guitar.

I found my little guy after a month of him being loose in a house with 4 cats! O_O

I was devastated when he got out, thought for sure that he'd have been cat chow... but in a month I found him in the roof while looking at the ply board dad had stuck down for us to store stuff on... At that point I didn't care about army crawling into the dark back corner of the roof with a torch in my mouth, warm rat, feeding tongs in one hand and a pillowcase and a snake hook in the other while trying not to stick knees or feet through the ceiling below lol.

He still hasn't finished sulking or hating me for catching him again... typical male :]

Keep your chin up Ash.

haha good story ya got there tahnee...

Hope you find ya little guy? Ive herd of warm towls into a cone on the ground they love it...

my 2 cents

To this day I can't remember if I used my ratty hands to stick the torch into my mouth...

o_o

... lol...

any updates Ash?

let me know if you dont find her i will have plenty of stock this breeding season so i will help you out micky

She'll be there...somewhere! :lol: Probably in a shoe, up in your clothes hanging in a cupboard...but guaranteed, she'll be there somewhere!

We all make those sorts of blunders from time to time....I made one recently that could have ended up a whole heap worse....it was a Colletts snake that I keep in the study...luckily he was just too lazy to make a break for it :lol: :lol:

Hope you find your python, my stimmy got out and i found it in the laundry tub the next morning but I know that feeling, it sux!! Good luck

She'll be there...somewhere! :lol: Probably in a shoe, up in your clothes hanging in a cupboard...but guaranteed, she'll be there somewhere!

We all make those sorts of blunders from time to time....I made one recently that could have ended up a whole heap worse....it was a Colletts snake that I keep in the study...luckily he was just too lazy to make a break for it :lol: :lol:

ha ha ow lucky!

when mine escaped both times i woke up with it looking at me from the top of the tank next to me lol

when i worked in a pet store one of out customers lost there spotted... it turned up in there dish washer....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back