New stimpson owner!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LokiSights

Reaction score
Heya!
I've recently come into possession of a stunning but quite a cranky juvenile(?), she's only had a couple of feeds and I've just come into possession of her. She's in a small glass container with a metal mesh slide lid. But this box is in a larger case with 2 heat globes that are connected to a thermostat.
She was given to me as her previous owner didn't have the time or patience to get her better with handling.
Any tips?
I got her on Sunday and I'm thinking of letting her chill with a blanket over the box enclosure to settle her.
I should also mention that there is a light that is on a daytime timer

Attachments

• IMG_8312.jpeg
    IMG_8312.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_8313.jpeg
    IMG_8313.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
You shouldn’t have your setup like this, you need to take the little enclosure out and setup a heat mat or heat cord under a 1/3 of enclosure set to 32c on one end and ambient temperature on the other. Currently your set up probably isn’t providing an adequate temperature gradient or not reaching the right temperatures inside the smaller enclosure.

You shouldn’t have your setup like this, you need to take the little enclosure out and setup a heat mat or heat cord under a 1/3 of enclosure set to 32c on one end and ambient temperature on the other. Currently your set up probably isn’t providing an adequate temperature gradient or not reaching the right temperatures inside the smaller enclosure.
OK good to know. I've got a heat matt under the right side of the small enclosure, it's the black cable cable on the right in the second photo so hopefully that's enough heat

Latest posts

Back