No idea what to feed my Bredli

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Redwolf

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a 6 month old female hypo bredli and Im not sure what rat/mice size I should be feeding her?

I got her a month ago and have been feeding her pinkies every couple of days. By reading some of these threads, I feel like I'm under feeding her, especially if I go off this comparison chart!!!!!

Experts, please give a newb some advice!

Last edited by a moderator:
Get small kitchen scales and weigh her, feed her 15% of her body weight every 7 days, its what I do I get great growth rates. Some people also say feed 1.5x the girth of the thickest part of the snake, but I personally like the weight method better.

Hey guys,

I have a 6 month old female hypo bredli and Im not sure what rat/mice size I should be feeding her?

I got her a month ago and have been feeding her pinkies every couple of days. By reading some of these threads, I feel like I'm under feeding her, especially if I go off this comparison chart!!!!!

Experts, please give a newb some advice!
2 ways of looking at this...recently I c breeders selling last yrs hatchies and they were small.. Prob only 150/200g... Yet if someone had brought one of theses snakes and fed slightly more then they would be say 400/700g maybe (breeders keep them lean mean and fit whilst saving money on over feeding).....also if u live in Australia then your Bredli would be 10/12 months old not 6.... A pic showing its size would help with the answer u require as u have also not stated that u r feeding rats or mice.... U say pinkies and I hope and pray that's rats but I would imagine that it requires a up size in food item and try feeding every 5/7 days to get a little size on it.... Pic if u can plz
Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back