OMG!!! is this for REAL?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon it is real the shadows are poportionate to the rest of the image, it is very hard to shadow something that is free in motion as to a still standing picture. In my opinion anyway

http://www.aussiepythons.com/showthread.php?t=53872

There has already been a thread this week on this :D

The photograph is fake. Just go to page 2 and there is link to the real hercules who appears to be just fat. The picture of the dog and horse is also inaccurate because the dog isn't a english mastiff. Its a neo mastiff.

Would have been cool if it was real. :lol:

Neapolitan Mastiffs are a large breed who get up to about 60 to 80 kg adult weight but as far as I know the record is still held by an English Mastiff who weighed about 100kg. I'll look it up later to see if my memory is correct.

its fake, i had the links to that pic compared to the real one of the actual hercules, and the real one is just fat, not big. will try to find the links again. (they also show all the stuffups in the photoshopped one to prove its fake)
k found it
http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/hercules.asp

The link does not prove its a fake.
Hercules is a common name. Dont you think it could be a bit silly to say well this dog is called Hercules so that dog cant be the 'real' Hercules?
Also the larger Hercules (with horse) may be a Neapolitan Mastiff, however no matter what breed it is, I feel we could comfortably say its a Freakishy large example of its species, so the breed (unless chihahua) is irelevant.

The only Truth in that article that is relevant to this dog in question is the fact that the Guiness World records does not have hercules with the horse down as the worlds largest dog. That proves the picture and email wrong on one point, which i believe would not be enough to discount the whole.

It would be good if someone could prove the pictures wrong.........

If you look closely at the picture, in the gap between the girls legs (Lets keep it clean :lol: ) you can see a smudge/blurred image.

You can also see the mark on the guys shirt.

And the dog doesn't have back legs unlessn it is a good dam tight rope walker lol. The legs wouldn't hide so neatly behind the front legs and the small piece of the back right paw shown, does not have any obvious leg attached to it.

It the second picture of the dogs behind, there is not a very convincing shadow shown for the man and woman. I would think it would be more defined and larger that just that blob of darken area.

Worlds largest dog..... The worlds heaviest as well as longest dog ever recorded was an Old English Mastiff named Zorba. In 1989, Zorba weighed 343 lbs and was 8 feet 3 inches long from nose to tail!

Worlds tallest dog..... The tallest dog on record was named Shamgret Danzas. He was 42 inches tall (at the shoulder!) and weighed 238 lbs.

Worlds smallest dog..... The smallest dog in history was a tiny Yorkie from Blackburn, England. At two years of age and fully grown this little dude was an incredible 2.5 inches tall by 3.75 inches long! He weighed only 4 ounces! HE was approximately the size of a matchbox.

Worlds oldest dog..... The oldest dog that has been reliably documented was an Australian cattle-dog named Bluey. He was put to sleep at the age of 29 years and 5 months!

Worlds Best Drug Sniffing Dogs.....A US Customs Labrador named "Snag" has made 118 drug seizures worth a canine record $810 million. The greatest number of drug seizures by dogs is 969 in 1988. IN ONE YEAR! The team of "Rocky" and "Barco" patrolled the Texas and Mexico border, alias "Cocaine Alley." They were so good that Mexican drug lords put a price of $30,000 dollars on their heads.

All dogs, from the German Shepherd to the tiny Poodle, are direct descendants of wolves. They can all breed together and produce fertile offspring. Technically they are of the same species.

Dogs can very easily regurgitate. In fact, after eating wolves can travel significant distances back to their dens and regurgitate the food at will to feed their pups!

Dogs can see color but it is not as vivid a color scheme as we see. It is much like our vision at twilight.

Some authorities estimate that some dogs sense of olfaction (smelling) is as high as 1 million times greater than ours.
very interesting....the idea of the tiny pocket puppy is cool...imagine all of us who get bored at work...pull your little puppy out and have counter top play dates
icon_biggrin.gif
aww, I want a matchbox sized puppy
icon_smile.gif
Where'd these facts come from? Were there pictures? I really need to see a matchbox dog.

Quote:
Worlds tallest dog..... The tallest dog on record was named Shamgret Danzas. He was 42 inches tall (at the shoulder!) and weighed 238 lbs.

Sweet! Bear only has about 9 1/2 inches to go to beat him.
ButtersStotch wrote:
Where'd these facts come from? Were there pictures? I really need to see a matchbox dog.

Quote:

It's true - when I was 3 i met a dog that was almost 3 times as tall as me!!! And I was a tall three year old...

He could look down at me - and his breath stank... So I believe it.. it's true.

i dont think the shadows are in proportion, but i hope its real! imagine how many cats he must get rid of... id like to see him take on a tiger, that would be interesting..

yeah its photoshopped. Look at the lady's legs, the man's hip, and the dog's shadow. The dog's front paw shadow is different to the amount of sunshine on his paw. according to the shadows, his front leg is longer than the horses. Note how you can see the horses legs in its shadow, and you can see the corresponding sunlight shining on its legs. The dog only had a spot of sunshine on the tip of his paw, so where is the shadow coming from? and why doesn't his massive head cast a shadow? there are also no clear blades of grass in front of his shadow, unlike all the other shadows.

as far as the back legs are concerned, the visible back paw is on the same level as the front paw on the ground, which means the photo of the dog was taken front-on with level ground, whereas everyone else in the photo is at a "downhill angle" (see horse legs)

The back view:, the lady has no shadows underfoot, and the mans foot has a halo. the dog's shadow has no grassblades again (see horses shadow)

if you're gonna do photoshop you should at least clean up the photo. Even I have done better fake ones than that (not for hoaxes, just for friends)

-penny

Well after looking at this photo of front on and behind i noticed something else. On the first photo the sun must have been on the right of them to cast the shaddow on the left (looking straight on at the photo). In the pic of it taken from behind the shaddow is still on the left, when it should be on the right? Hope that makes sense lol. I remember some time ago someone sent me emails of some other dog in a car, that was even bigger than that one (bullmastif as well) but it was brown, and then there was another than was taken with a lady sitting on a stair with this massive bullmastif beside her, i'll see if i can find the pics. If this is the case, wouldnt they be record holders as well?.

Bullmastiffs aren't as tall or as heavy as English and Neopolitan Mastiffs. The breed standard has them weighing around 58 - 59kg. That said, the largest I've seen weighs 72kg and my boy is a fatty boombah and weighs in at 69kg. I know the photos you are talking about Allana but I think they are photoshopped. :) Bullmastiffs certainly wouldn't hold any records in regards to being the largest dogs.

top photo, thanks for showing it real or not i don't care, it looks hot!

Here is a pic of tonka, a 16 month old neo mastiff, you can see her head is bigger than mine. She is the runt of the litter and is 68kg. Other pups from the same litter are around 75kg. They are a big mutt!!! I don't doubt that a mastiff or great dane could get that big, with a enough steroids and protein shakes they prob would get close, although i'm sure they would die within a year as they don't have big hearts, thats why the life expectency of large dogs is usually 6-7 years.

Only way i would believe there is a dog that big would to be physically looking at it with my own eye's.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back