omm nom nom nom nom

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How old was it when it fed? My Childrens Python was 9 months and not eating. It died from a bad batch of Jump Start. The poor thing lasted longer than it should have.

he's 18 months old now, i have an inland carpet python :)
im sorry ot hear about ur childrens python :( makes me sad even hearing bout other ppls snakes passing

stupid pet store gave me hopper mice to feed him and tried to feed him 4 days ago and he looked
at it as if to say what the heck is that???

did research and fed him adult mice and he nommed it

stupid pet store gave me hopper mice to feed him and tried to feed him 4 days ago and he looked
Good for you giving him a decent feed. Next you can try the occasional hopper or weaner rat to get him into rats. Mine also likes quail or chick when I've got one to spare, but I prefer the aftermath of rodent - much neater than bird ;)

I would be surprised if the food refusal was because you offered a hopper instead of an adult.
im sorry ot hear about ur childrens python :( makes me sad even hearing bout other ppls snakes passing

Last edited by a moderator:
I would seriously warn against Jump start. We tried it on some slow starters this year. I specifically ordered and paid for the product to be freighted out to us. I asked them to make sure it was still within its use by date. I administered this product to 2 albino darwins. Both were dead within a couple of hours. We checked the product and discovered that they sent me a tube that was out of date by about a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back