Photography

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dukz13

Reaction score
So my very lovely sister has decided to upgrade her camera and give me her old 1 so i can have a play and learn a thing or 2 and after seeing some of the photos from people off this forum i am very excited about taking some photos of reps, she is giving me her nikon d60 i think it is, are these good cameras??? Any pointers???:p lol

Nikon D60 is a pretty damn good first camera, especially being given to you :p

My biggest advice, is to just go out and shoot as much as you can. Learn things through trial and error. Don't be afraid to have a play with different settings on the camera to see what they do.

And my biggest tip for shooting people and reptiles...the eyes have to be in focus ;)

Enjoy your new toy, and post some shots too :D

Great camera. What lens are you getting with it? I had a D80 as my first, then went D90 and recently D7000.

Here is some pic's I took with my Nikons. I have no idea what I'm doing, but nikons are great and most photo's come out well. :)
mandrin duck.jpg
Venice 4.jpg
ttg1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the advice guys. Well as far as know its got a 18-55 lens??? and yip i will def be posting some pics (if they are any good haha.) Cant wait to get it now lol

That's a good lens to start with.
Save some cash and try and get the Nikon 18-200mm f3.5-5.6G ED VR II Lens. I find it a good all rounder and gives great colour and is nice and sharp.

Since Some people are posting pics from their nikon D's here are some from my D90.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-05-16 at 9.06.29 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2011-05-16 at 9.06.29 PM.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 72
  • Screen shot 2011-05-16 at 9.09.40 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2011-05-16 at 9.09.40 PM.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 66
Yea bring on the pics it will be good to see what i am getting myself into haha, and lovely photos snakes123

I think you will learn a lot with this camera, in relation to lenses it depends on what you are going to be taking photos of as to what lens you should get. If you want to get into macro with your reptiles then I highly recommend the Tamron 90mm f/2.8 macro lens (with Nikon mount) I have this lens (had it for 2 weeks) with the canon mount and I love it. These are some of the photos I have taken with this lens.
View attachment 212611View attachment 212612View attachment 212613
Enjoy your new camera.
Linda

Fantastic shots there Snakes123. :)

Snowman, Your Nikons has good result, nice photos third one is best.
-------------------
Locksmith Bronx NY

Cheers mate. That was taken with the Nikon 105mm f/2.8 ED IF AF-S VR. Generally over $1k, but worth every cent. The lens is brilliant and I'd never consider a non nikon lens. I have bought some Tamron's, Tonika's and Sigma lenses. But ended up giving them to my sister as I find they just dont compare to nikon. But that's just my preferance, and my sister loves the other lenses so it worked out well.

Yea bring on the pics it will be good to see what i am getting myself into haha, and lovely photos snakes123
will do :p

frog-1.jpg
Zermatt - Switzerland.jpg
DSC_5162_1774_edited-2_edTMP-1.jpg

View attachment 212617
Notre Dame.jpg

Wow the 1 with the 2 cabins stands out for me its truly stunning, you sir have some talent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back