QLD Reptile Expo-final call to exhibitors

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PimmsPythons

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hi people
just putting a call out to the rest of the people who are wishing to exhibit at the Queensland reptile expo.i need the following info before the 5th of april at the latest.
-your name and address
-your licence number
-the species and number of reptiles or frogs that your bringing
-if your bringing hatchies along, mark them down as "hatchies" (because they wont be on EPA's file)

an important note to remember is if you have marked down a particular animal to bring along ,and for whatever reason you decide not to bring it (eg shedding) that is perfectly fine.whe welfare of the animal comes first.
but if you haven't marked down an animal then choose to bring it on the day ,it will be to late.you will have to leave it at home. the EPA are strict and will be there on the day.

on an unfortunate note,Simon Stone apologised that he wont be able to make it up this year due to unforseen circumstances that were out of his hands.we still have plenty of demonstrations taking place throughout the day
including venomous snakes ,crocs from Koorana Crocodile Farm and Luke Allen from Venom Supplies in South Australia.

i will soon post up a time schedule for the demonstrations.
its $50 per licenced exhibitor
they seemed to have plenty of tables in stock,but feel free to bring your own if you wish.
we will have power points run through the place so if you wish to run lights,bring your leads and double adaptors(or what ever you need).
the venue is large so the exhibitor can spread out if there are any concerns with quarantene.
exhibitors do not have to let people handle their animals but if you do, make sure you bring alcohol wipes and ,obviously,use good tempered animals.
dont bring sick animals
we may have a couple of hours setup time on friday arvo(day before expo) but the main setup time is from 6:30am till 9am Saturday before the doors open.
there is a list of rules on the other expo thread so feel free to check that out .they are all either common sense,or the rules outlined to us by the EPA .no point complaining about them on here its just what we have to go by to run an expo.
we are having our final meeting with the EPA on Monday 16th of march (next monday)so if there are any questions wanted asked for the expo let me know.
remember ,the more exhibitors the better the event.even if you only own 1 or 2 reptiles or frogs,feel free to get in touch and bring them along

feel free to contact me via pm, email on [email protected] or phone after hours 0422589221 ,for any info.
cheers
simon

Attachments

• Group_Poster[1][1].pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 79
Booked all mine the other as you know :D, how do we pay or can we just do it on the day? Also will there be the little novelty awards this year aswell? :D

Shame about Simon though was looking forward to meeting him this year!

pay on the day is fine .
there will be the 2 big ones,"peoples choice" trophy ,voted by the people and "exhibitors choice" voted by the exhibitors. there will be the usual "best of" awards or ribbons this year for each species (must have at least have a few entered)that can only be voted for by the exhibitors .

Haha can't wait, sounds fun. I missed the award announcements last year, all I know is Ian got one for the Diamond. :lol:

The expo also raises money for charity. Last year we donated to the local Hospitals Childrens ward, So after all of the costs are covered any profit will be donated to another worthy cause.

Cheers,

Kris.

I have booked in all my babies, I will be another great day, look forward to seeing you all there!!!

As we have said before - we will DEFINATELY be there this year - and we even have to hire a car to get our babies there as ours is out of action.

Looking forward to a great day.

what is the date it is on as im going past there sometime then

Wonder if I'm the only one flying over from WA to see it :p I'll be there with Miss Vix behind the table, should be good to meet some QLD hobbyists, oh plus the drooling over everything were not allowed to have :eek: :)

we're excited to say that Scales and Tails have kindly donated a years subscription of their great magazine as a lucky door prize!!!good to see exhibitors getting their details into me.got a" few out of the ordinary" reptiles turning up too which is great to see so keep the info coming in.the more exhibitors the better the expo.
not much in the way of frogs at the moment ,so if anyone knows any qld frog owners that may want to come up,tell them to get in touch and well see about doing a deal with them.
cheers
simon

What is everyone using for display enclosures, we are tossing around a few ideas but quickly running out of time, any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back