Rainbow Lorikeets

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakeluvver

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I would LOVE to get one but I can't finda a good care sheet anywhere! What are the cage requirements, what's their temperment like, what toys, food, handling ect.

rainbows are cool but they tend to have a big issue with feeding and going to the toilet
they have to have a powder mixed diet and when they go to the toilet they spray it everywhere.
i would recomend geting a tamed indian ringneck, they can talk, very easy to feed, like to be handled, toiletry is good and arn't a very big bird

But rainbow lorikeets have such character......
They are cheeky little buggas.......
We used to had raise them, and yes they have to be fed a diet of the powder mix and fresh fruit.
We found that if you cleaned up the poo straight away, there was no problem.
If you can get of a hand raised one, its even better, cause they can come out and keep you company....
But beware - they can get a little bit noisy...sometimes....

my dad breeds many exotics and nomals, he also hand raises them. i do agree on them having GREAT charator! they do also talk as mine says ****er! haha they are pretty messy and can be very rough and have trong feet.. but i love mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back