Rat Pix

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only spotty rats you'll find are mismarked BEWs. And the only striped are Hooded and Downunders. There are some breeders working for Dalmation rats though. That'll be pretty kool if they manage it.

OMG check out the reject boy :lol: only its mother could love that, poor little thing.

I use to have blues, and silkies but found they were not a strong line. The blues just died for no apparent reason, and the silkies, were savage and a very sneezy group. I use to have a snake customer in my shop before I even thought of getting a snake. I use to let him have all my savage ones for his snake. Of course I pre-warned him so he knew to keep an eye on them. They were down right nasty piece of work.

aww.. I got rid of all my rats not too long ago. I'm building a big rack so I can start a new colony but it's taking me a while to finish it. I miss my rats :(

Here's some photos of the ones I did have:
fawn3.jpg

Blurry photo, but it's so cute when they lick you:
squishies3.jpg

girl3.jpg

This one had a weird lighter patch on his bum:
rat1.jpg

And this girl was silvery coloured and had a weird band across her forehead:
rat2.jpg

l always keep the best looking rats for breeding , they are only for food but you may as well have some fun while breeding them . Only months to see what colours you get instead of years with the snakies .

Anyone know where i could get some labbies from? Are they even around anymore? I hear people talkin bout lad mice but rats????????

Lab rats arn't the explosive breeders as the mice are, I had some and ended up offing the lot and starting again with Hoodeds, which were heaps better.

The rats with the weird patches are moulting their baby fur lol

I'm after lab rats too but not having much luck :(

The rats with the weird patches are moulting their baby fur lol

I'm after lab rats too but not having much luck :(

Weird though, 'cause they did change colour from when they were smaller, and then those patches appeared and didn't go away. I had them for several months before I got rid of all the rats.

I've been hunting lab rats as well, I managed to find two people who have dealt with them, and one of them supposedly can get some, but it's a friend of a friend and I'm not holding my breath that I'll actually get anything.

I think i found some in Sydney but the price is ridiculous when i could get bigger better rats for $4 ea. But maybe i'm just stingy :p lol I'm not paying over $10 per rat especially when i only want them to breed so i can feed my snake unless it's totally awesome.

A lot of peoples rats moult and keep their moult patches for a very long time. I know someone who has one thats about 2 years old with the cap still. All of mine have moulted completely though.

interesting.. I didn't know about the moult patches.

Yeah the lab rats I found up here are pretty pricey, from memory over $20 each, but I wouldn't buy that many, just a couple and then breed my own from those. I might give up and try and find a good line of standard rats.

Yeah, i think we're gonna just stick with standard rats and mice as well. A breeder i know has offered to breed some healthy ratties for us from her stock so that should do us.

Out of all my fancy rats from pet breeders the one from her is my healthiest. Not one sniffle so far.

Speaking of which is anyone in Syd interested in silky rats? which are long coat rats lol Just paired my boy to a bunch of females

These are some of my ratties

Attachments

• 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 45
  • 026.jpg