Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes womas are still on the rare list so would fall under the restricted category. Rough Scaled Pythons are not so go for your life.

Sorry but I don't see your point Ian. Legislation can be changed. Amendments are made all of the time to legislation. The version which specifically mentioned womas that I have was dated July 1988 the current version available on the DERM website is dated 2008 so obviously some changes have been made.

And I agree wholeheartedly. People are to quick to believe whatever they hear.
Butters I am getting mixed up between Replies.But that is exacyly my point that people with a licence as is with car licence or whatever should keep up to date with the laws.
Cheers

So... you are saying... they can't change the restriction status of an animal.... THEN you go and say a different species are 'no longer restricted'?

Both your alternate personalities seem to have an attitude problem :/ Its like you are personally deeply offended by every post made.

Anyway... back to the OP... I was also interested in getting a RSP... Im in QLD. :) Doesn't appear there is anything against them. Im hoping they stay that way, they seem like they would make a really nice addition to a collection :D Do you have one already?
HI Giggles Yes we do have asplit personality & that is because my wife does not allways agree with me. You are lucky that she lets me use her site.
She does not allways agree with me as does not a lot of others.
At least I can promote my IDEAS through her site.

Lord help me if she ever helped me with my snakes. Ghekos are allright.
Cheers Ian.

Giggles, I said that BHP's are no longer restricted - because they are not any longer. I found that out by doing my research.....
If you checked on the website I provided, you would see this...
I am not deeply offended by posts made - I am just trying to help people out....and if you are offended by that , then I am sorry.....

With regard the RSP's - they are not on the restricted list - and yes we have had them in the past.....

It would be great if the EPA could get their act together and get their stories straight.....When one person rings with a question they get told one thing and then when someone else rings with the exact same question, they then get told something else by a different person...it does make life difficult for us reptile keepers and the more that we can do to help each other out the better.....

Paula

This has gotten right off topic....I though that the discussion was about licencing......and helping each other learn the rules and regs of licencing etc...

As I said - hopefully the website and info we have provided has been helpful in some way or form.....

I am going to sign him up for his own.....tomorrow.....although we have never had a problem before.....

Paula

To keep everyone happy, I have just signed him up with his own username......
it will be MR_IAN_DAVO......

With regard the RSP's - they are not on the restricted list - and yes we have had them in the past.....

It would be great if the EPA could get their act together and get their stories straight.....When one person rings with a question they get told one thing and then when someone else rings with the exact same question, they then get told something else by a different person...it does make life difficult for us reptile keepers and the more that we can do to help each other out the better.....

Paula

Thank you Ian and Paula, and everyone else who posted, I now know what I'm doing. When I rang to ask a wildlife licence representative of the Qld EPA about RSP, I was told yes they are restricted as they are venomous lol. I explained this was the wrong species (and family). Then she carried on as if RSP must be make believe as it wasn't in her computer data base lol. I gave up. I had some frog keeping legislation questions also, but she had even less of an idea, just that I couldn't catch them. Maybe I should ring another day and get someone else?

Thank you Ian and Paula, and everyone else who posted, I now know what I'm doing. When I rang to ask a wildlife licence representative of the Qld EPA about RSP, I was told yes they are restricted as they are venomous lol. I explained this was the wrong species (and family). Then she carried on as if RSP must be make believe as it wasn't in her computer data base lol. I gave up. I had some frog keeping legislation questions also, but she had even less of an idea, just that I couldn't catch them. Maybe I should ring another day and get someone else?

When I rang years back they told me I could keep what ever reptile I want if I found it in my backyard... without a licence! :| I'm preeeeetty sure thats not how it goes. But its funny that the people working there have absolutely no idea. :) On the bright side they don't seem to be the Nazis they are in other states :)

When On the bright side they don't seem to be the Nazis they are in other states :)

Yeah we don't have a 'nazi' system in SA either, if Queensland did I wouldn't consider moving up there. Quite a few keepers actually up and move from states like WA and Tasmania, while others (like me) wouldn't move there for a dream job, just not worth it.

Giggles, I said that BHP's are no longer restricted - because they are not any longer. I found that out by doing my research.....
If you checked on the website I provided, you would see this...
I am not deeply offended by posts made - I am just trying to help people out....and if you are offended by that , then I am sorry.....

Paula
well i head BHPs were restricted last year when i was buying a bredli but unlike yourself put down i could be WRONG!!! jump off the soap box champ. also if i sat down and read every amendment that got passed on a state act i'd never have time to do anything which by the looks of it is what's happen to you. like for instance i didn't know GTPs were resticted because i've never wanted to own one so why would i research it. i never really wanted to own BHPs either but the breeder had them and told me they were restricted.

next time i post i'll be sure to do a fact finding mission could take months but we gotta get it exact.

tigerbudgie - sorry that you think I am on a soap box - . And I know that I can be wrong about things as well....as I found out about my golden tails - so had to upgrade our lic.....

its just a lot of people go on hearsay and do not take the trouble to actually find out the real facts.. Our fact finding mission didnt take months , just a bit of perserverance for a few days . Who are you to say that I dont have time to do anything.......

BHP's used to be restricted - but not for the last few years or so.
We have owned BHP's for the last 2 years or so and know of people who have had them for a bit longer than that on a recreational lic. ( not sure of the exact time frame )

We never sat down and read the amendments either - but people were asking the same questions on this site time and time again - so we thought that we would do some research to help people out.

If people do not want help - then they should not ask the questions...

Paula

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back