Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

:D Some mates on the southcoast do track maintenance on the railway between waterfall and wollongong.One bloke in particular is into wildlife, i always ask him about what reptiles he has seen.Over the years the most common reptile run over by trains is common bluetongues,usually for some reason hit on the snout.Used to be diamond pythons run over commonly from waterfall to austimeer,although he says the last few years they are more scarce and are now mainly encounted from stanwell park to waterfall.Unfortunately even broadheaded snakes have been found that have been struck by trains.Has anyone else found reptiles anywhere that have ben hit by trains? :( :( :(

Yeah a mate of mine drives a train from Waterfall down past Wollongong. He mainly sees dead wombats and diamonds. The other week he told me he saw a large Lace monitor laying across the tracks dead.

I worked on the rail here for 3 1/2 years and saw alot of chopped herps. Barroni, panoptes, bhp, stimsons, little dragons, geckos, frogs, mulgas, gwarders, perentie

repsnrail

womas4me and serpentongue I dont rekon some of the big python species would stand much of a chance eh.Its interesting that he said a lot of blue tongues get hit on the tip of the nose,even a broad head that was in the ballast only had blood at the very tip of its snout.This one he said was still much alive and agro and released nearby.Even the heath monitors ide find hit by cars,the last 2 i found were hit on the very tip of th e snout.stuffsm right up they walk around after with no coodination. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back