RI

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocksher

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has encountered a python with RI
and then taken to the vets and they prescribed antibiotics for one month, needle every 3 days.

just wanted to know their outcome and if the python recovered?

we recently took on two pythons from a lady by the name of kelly McNair (name there to warn people) in vic. who sold them to us, we picked them up late at night and when we got home to put them in quarantine we noticed that one python didn’t look right and had RI, we took it to the vets the next day and it was confirmed and gave us antibiotics. The other one is healthy.

we tried contacting the lady back several times via messages via gumtree (no phone numbers) and she did not respond once with our questions about husbandry and when fed last and if she knew the snake had RI and for how long.
she still selling reptiles so we just wanted to warn people if they come across the name.

we hope our new snake recovers from this RI...

Our question is has anyone encountered this and their snakes recovered from the antibiotics?

Hi Rocksher
I had to take a friends woma to the vet for RI a couple of years ago . The vet prescribed FORTUM injections every three days, and yes it recovered no problem.
Good luck

Thanks for the reply.

we are hoping the little one recovers, we gave the second injection today, gave a nice Luke warm bath and clean some of the mucus away from his face/mouth.

anyone else experience this?
[doublepost=1589295546,1589016911][/doublepost]is it possible to feed a python with RI?

or do you have to wait to finish the coarse of antibiotics?

The sick python we got seems to be very light... and not sure when it had its last feed as the stupid person we got it off never replied back to that message as well. :mad::mad::mad:

You could try , but don't worry to much if its refused. I would suggest just keeping him warm, in a low humidity environment until you finish the treatment . Best of luck.

We are furious as it sadly passed away today!

We ended up reporting it to wildlife Victoria, and they gave us a call a few days ago and said they will investigate this case and speak to her and when it's allowed to inspect her property and welfare of her animals as the lady said it was illegal to sell a sick reptile and didn't disclose it.

So sad this has happened as we were hoping that it would recover.

Hope This lady gets what’s coming to her and hope wildlife Victoria does something.

Hi Rocksher
I'm very sorry to hear you lost your little mate. I would be devastated too. Unfortunately some people just cannot be trusted. For what its worth , at least he isn't suffering now, and I'm sure you did everything you possibly could. Best of luck for the future.

Back