Rough Scaled Python IS HERE!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jele69

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Well, after the longest week ever, yesterday was a great day. Not only did I hand in my thesis (one day late-but whose counting) but my new Roughie turned up at the airport. I haven't been that excited in a long time!

Anyway, as everyone who own's one has said, these creatures are so unique when you get to see them in person. Apart from the scales, big blue eyes and all-round beautiful morphology, they have the most curious and non-defensive nature of any snake i've seen!

Straight away after putting him in his enclosure he did not run (slide) and hide, but stayed out and looked around. When I checked on him this morning he's out basking onto of one of his hides, and seems quite relaxed about my being there.

Anyway, I'll still leave him a while to get settled.

Pix aren't great, but you get the idea.

Attachments

• roughie 1.jpg
    roughie 1.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 683
  • roughie 2.jpg
    roughie 2.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 578
  • roughy 3.jpg
    roughy 3.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 555
  • roughie 4.jpg
    roughie 4.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 634
  • roughie setup.jpg
    roughie setup.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 513
Love roughies...amazing animals
Be prepared for the STINK lol...

Last edited:
I think you'll be very pleased with the little beastie - they're great animals and have a unique history in the world of herpetoculture...

Will you lose any marks for being late with your thesis?

Jamie.

I think you'll be very pleased with the little beastie - they're great animals and have a unique history in the world of herpetoculture...

Will you lose any marks for being late with your thesis?

Jamie.

Yeah, only 0.04%, so i think it was worth ironing out the kinks for another day! Great to have it done! Cheers for all the positive snake comments, i'm really looking forward to such unique snake behaviour, I wonder why they are so relaxed??

i hate the fact they are only in my state and i cannot keep one :( kudos and damn you as the same time :p

Are they restricted over there? I don't know what the state governments base there reptile restrictions on...how can it be so inconsistent between states?

I was a little surprised to find they aren't restricted here to be honest...good thing they're not

Are they restricted over there? I don't know what the state governments base there reptile restrictions on...how can it be so inconsistent between states?

I was a little surprised to find they aren't restricted here to be honest...good thing they're not

Agree reptile keeping should be a national regulation not a state based one.... The mining tax is based on Australians are entitled to profits from their rescources... How about Australians being entitled to their animals!!!
Awesome snake mate.. Bloody WA DEC :(

wow thats a nice looking snake its good to see your happy and enjoying the hobby my eyes are wide open for days on the snake wen i get a new one :p hows the temperament on that little fella?

cheers ShAyE

Amazing! doesn't hide, doesn't bite, doesn't flinch when you go near his enclosure. No hint of 'small dog' syndrome :) Just really curious about everything. Will let you guys know how he goes when I start to handle him a bit in a week or so.

Congrats jele, nice snake.
Can I come around to photograph him when he gets bigger? lol

nice work jese yeh hope he stays like a little puppy just not wen they start nibbling at ur toes lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back