shingleback experience !!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikep

Reaction score
hi i have just got 2 shinglebacks. and would like to ask some questions about them from people who have or had them in the past?
what is a gravid female like ? habits,and how does she feel and look. i know there might not be a clear or 1 answer but just your thoughts and experinces and also.
if a lizard doesnt lick as in put thier tongue out what does that mean?
thanks guys all the infomation i can get would be great got these guys 4 days ago and amf taking them to the vet for a check up. as i think one is pregnant but have been informed she could also be sick in another forum

same as i told you in your other thread. a gravid female, will put on gradual weight each week. as the baby or babys grow it will press on the lizards lungs and they start to have laboured breathing. her breaths will be so big that it lifts her body off the ground. also she will eat lots until the late stages of gravidity where she will stop eating and then give birth. majority of the time they will shed before they give birth. she will also bask alot. quite often seen in the basking spot even after it has turned off still absorbing residual heat. not tongue flickering can be another sign of possible RI. you could make a video of her breathing and what she is doing re: star gazing and we would have a better idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back