So bloody mad!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yhats terrible news get the lizards to a vet for a autopsy and hopefully you can get some money back from th pet store to help cover your loss good luck

thanks everyone for their support and help i am current waiting to hear back from the pet shop and their suppiler and i am having an autospy done tomorrow on the ones i lost

Ask a vet: they may be able to tell you if it was the crickets.
If it turns out it was, you may be able to sue the company for negligence.
I know it wont bring your pets back, but better than nothing.

did the pet shop bred the crickets or where they a big company maybe chase after big company if this does not work name and shame the pet shop or brand of crickets on aps[if your allowed to do this]

Timmy, were there other reptiles that ate the crickets as well but are still OK?

Timmy, were there other reptiles that ate the crickets as well but are still OK?

all my other reptiles are fine thou, they didnt recieve the same crickets because i have lots of large crickets at home that i am trying to breed and i fed them my own crickets

i hope that i cant come to some sort agreement with either the pet shop or their supplier. if they are at fault i would be if they said sorry. i dont really want them to replace the reptiles thou that would be nice. thou them trying to replace the tristis would be very difficult lol.

sadly i hope none of u guys have to go thru this.
i just have to wait for the results to come back from vets

once again thanks eveyone for your support and kind words
thanks it helps alot
cheers tim

Sorry mate, thats no good.

Under the Competition and Consumer Protection Act 2011 you do have rights and a number of areas that protect you (general and specific protections). All consumers have guarantees that exist through legislation protection under the Act, the obvious ones are "acceptable quality" and "fit for purpose". If a link between the crickets and the death of your animals can be reasonably establised then the product that was sold to you was not fit for the purpose that it was sold to you for and was not safe and free from defects" you will be entitled to compensation.

The ACCC (who adminsters the Act) has a good link for consumers that explins how to structure a comlaint letter and what your rights are. For consumers

Consumer guarantees that exist regardless of the product's warranty Which consumer guarantees apply to goods?

Make an official complaint to the store - they have responsabilities to you and to assist you dealing with the manufacturer (producer) under the law.

Good luck, compensation will not make up for what happened but it could be well deserved.

Sorry mate, thats no good.

Under the Competition and Consumer Protection Act 2011 you do have rights and a number of areas that protect you (general and specific protections). All consumers have guarantees that exist through legislation protection under the Act, the obvious ones are "acceptable quality" and "fit for purpose". If a link between the crickets and the death of your animals can be reasonably establised then the product that was sold to you was not fit for the purpose that it was sold to you for and was not safe and free from defects" you will be entitled to compensation.

The ACCC (who adminsters the Act) has a good link for consumers that explins how to structure a comlaint letter and what your rights are. For consumers

Consumer guarantees that exist regardless of the product's warranty Which consumer guarantees apply to goods?

Make an official complaint to the store - they have responsabilities to you and to assist you dealing with the manufacturer (producer) under the law.

Good luck, compensation will not make up for what happened but it could be well deserved.

thanks heaps mate i will tell the shop tomorrow when i speak to them

Any news fro the vet?! Im sorry to here of ur loss. I cant think what u must be going through.

May be worth asking around with other keepers and local vets as well as placing a page in the local rag asking if any other keepers have had similar losses without naming the petshop. If they are dodgy crickets chances are you won't be the only one affected and if you can show others are also affected it will help your chances of any compensation.

well i have a little bit of good news today i spoke to owners and they are thinking bout helping me out and getting some new reps to replace the ones that died. so this is a good thing well its a start anyways

You have them running now!!!!
I have a feeling hat they may have heard from others that it may be there fault. Hope it works out

Oh how horrible for you :(

I hope you can sort something out with the pet shop. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss :(

Definitely contact the supplier so they can collate any other reports. If they all died together quickly, it does sound like some sort of poisoning. Could there be other sources like water,food bowls, washing , substrate,sprays in the environment? If it was the cricket then an autopsy should confirm with the analysis of the stomach contents. Don't jump the gun with picketting etc until you have some provable evidence or you might end up with egg on your face which could cost you dearly.

I have had the same thing happen this year, 2 of my beardys died within 2 weeks of each other, one was only displaying signs of sickness for a couple of days before she passed and the other didnt seem unwell at all.
within that same 2 weeks I lost 4 frogs... and the only difference to their feeding was mealworms from [deleted]
I got a necropsy done on 2 of the frogs and both beardys and it came back that the beardys passed because they had liver problems, due to having such a slow metabolism they didnt show symptoms of this illness (except for my big girl, but she was only sick for a couple of days) the vet I spoke with at Lort Smith and my local told me that it is not uncommon for no symptoms to show untill its too late to do anything.

My Frogs somehow had "Red Leg Disease" which is common and affects 43% of the worlds population of frogs.

Whilst I do think the mealworms from [deleted] may have had somthing to do with my frogs (yeah thanks for getting back to me [deleted] as they never showed any symptoms untill 2 weeks after giving them the mealworms, with my beardys they may of had the liver disease before I got them + the onset of a very cold winter would not of helped.

I'm not saying the crickets have had nothing to do with your lot passing, but just don't jump the gun till you get a necropsy done :)

Last edited by a moderator:
quick update everyone.

me and the petshop have come to agreement and they have decided to pay for the tristis pair that i lost which i think is a lot better then nothing at all. They have admitted that they were at fault to a degree. As much as i would like to name and shame these i guys i cant due to the agree i have with them. and it turns out they were breeding their crickets. the test show that there was some pesticides on some of the crickets and the reps
anyways just want to say a nig thanks to every one for their support and i am happy that it is now over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back