Stick Insects

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, its illegal over here, CALM pushed pretty hard when they raided as far as inverts go because they had been told i kept them. Its a joke, but unfortunately its the law.

Yeah, Dave Knowles is a great bloke, been on quite a few bush runs and helped him out with Fauna Surveys in the past. Worth seeing one of his and Fleurs shows, he normally has a couple of stick species. Plus scorps, T's, roaches and other beasties.

Cheers
Jordan

I saw a stick insect in the wild... ooooooh i hear you saying.. I rescured it from the water while fishing after it had been dropped by a black bird of some description.

I didn't realise it was in fact a stick insect at first... Thought it was just a stick that the bird was using for a nest... it kept coming back to retrieve it - but kept missing, hence I thought I was helping the bird by removing it from the water, wasn't until I did that that i actually realised it was a stick insect... Sorry, this story doesn't have a happy ending and nor is it on the topic...

Good luck with stick insect keeping :)

bad luck jen, insects are not legally allowed to be kept as pets in W.A.
I have to introduce you to a friend of mine. David Knowles runs "Spineless Wonders" and he has some cool bugs. (even more than I keep in my hair)

Man what a shame, that's such an odd rule.
Definately wanna see these guys in the flesh though! even though you know me and bugs lol *shiver*

mayb its just native inverts that are a no no, i know people thathave been busted for keeping scorps or spiders, email calm, you dont wanna do it then lose everything coz you didnt check

Woh what are you serious? Which areas aren't allowed to keep what types of scorpions/spiders?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back