Strange classifieds

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedFox

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I was browsing through a popular classified site (the one that can not be named) and came across this.

"I have for sale a juvenile (app. between 6-9 mths old) carpet python for sale. I believe it is a he, though it could be a she. "It" is nearly 5ft long on last shedding, he loves his food and is a garbage, meaning he likes to eat. Sheds well, and has had two sheddings since I got him. His enclosure has been changed by us to suit his needs, as before the tank was too big and the heat globe wouldnt heat the whole area. So we raised the floor, put in a different uv globe and encased the heat and uv globes, decorated the tank, and he is a happy little chappy. Reason for selling? I am terrified of him, husbands idea to have a snake, not mine. Husband has no idea how to care for him, so I'm doing all the work, I have not handled him, he can be territorial in his tank, to me he is only an ornament taking up space, and money. Best go to a knowledgeable home (which we are not) and someone that will handle him and is not scared, like me. He is an awesome looking snake, its just a pity i cant get over my fear. Tank comes with built in thermostat, heat globe, uv light, water dish, rocks, plants , what you see is what you get, there is also a gadget on the outside that tells you the temp of inside of tank and outside of tank, room temp. Basic wildlife license is required. Only genuine interested people apply, to good home only."

It made me laugh. Mods I don't think I have broken the site rules as I haven't added a link or named where I saw it. Correct me if I am wrong. I have taken out the price and location.

Haha that is so funny a gadget in the tank that tells the temp haha some people have lost it

Sad isnt it! I guess this is probably quite common.
At least she's being honest about the situation/

Holly molly! or however you spell it!
Obviously a "garbage" if it's 5ft at 6-9mths!

Because she said on last shedding I would assume she is measuring the shed not the snake since she doesn't handle it. I read somewhere that if you measure the shed then take 25% that is the approx. length of the snake.

hahahahaha, you gave me a good laugh RedFox. People like this have an 'odd' way of making adverts!!!!

It's a nice looking jungle as well, with a excellent wooden enclosure. Quite an attractive "ornament". I am half tempted to ring her just to hear what she has to say. Very strange.

i am struck with a sense of dread when i see adds like that, i really do want to step up my collection soon but it worries me that the too good to be true adds really are just that, i also got this from the same source i think [I am selling my darwin carpets as I no longer have time or space for them, they are 4yrs old and have very good tempraments although the female can be sometimes difficult to get out of the enclosure but once out is fine to handle. they both have great markings and have produced their first clutch of eggs this year 10 were laid and 9 hatched and were all healthy so they are due for another clutch in the next few months as the weather heats up. enclosue is also included but can be excluded if you dont want ] i will not mention the price but the ask is that of a 2 year old coastal carpet, i really would like to get these but am afraid to get ripped off as others i have seen on here........might be better to pay the extra and buy from a reputable dealer i think

Found another weird one on the same site different location though.

"Got This Desert Scorpion Given to me as a present and Im getting bored of it would like to swap it for something I'm interested in reptiles no blue tongue s thanks"

hmmmmmm... don't think I would swap reps with someone like him/her incase they get bored with them aswell. I would be very suprised if they get replies with an ad like that.

Just put "I have for sale a juvenile (app. between 6-9 mths old) carpet python for sale" into google... Putting the first sentence or so into google is always the fastest way to find classifieds in my opinion.

ahhhh, thats not the site i thought the original poster was reffering to, the 1 i found the 2 darwins in has initials TP

Not a bad looking Jungle RedFox,I found the ad,but price is abit high.......

I saw that the other day, made me laugh as well, gadget in the tank :lol: at least she's trying to make sure the little one goes to a good home though I guess :)

I know this thread is a few months old now but I was browsing classifieds and found this ad which I thought was worth adding. Let's see who can find what is wrong with this ad. :)

"~*~Woma Python BEST BLOODLINES!!!~*~$2,999.00

This gorgeous amazingly placid female Woma Python is the granchild of the DSE's wildcaught bred & released Womas so the best bloodlines you can get! She is also only 2 Years old.

I could honestly cry as I type this, I really dont want to find her a new home she has been the best pet I have ever owned. My new landlord wont let me keep her. I plan to move unless I can find an amazing passionate reptile enthusiest that I know she will be in good hands.

I am including her Enclosure because she still has a few years left in it & will easily adapt to being moved. I replaced her UVB last month so its brand new, her heat rock & compact top along with the enclosure alone amount to $600, not to mention all the plants background exc.

When bred with a similarly pure bloodline she will make a fortunes worth of babies.

All reasonable offers considered.

Thank you for viewing."

I saw this too and just laughed.

Sent from my LG-P690f using Tapatalk 2

DSE ? dicksmith electronics ?
$2399 for a female woma, if it's an albino i would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back