Trapping pigeons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you throw them some rice and see if you can make them explode ..... Please. video it. might be funny

Trapping

If you are going to feed them to the snakes you mentioned I would be keeping them quarantied in a cage for a few days to ensure they have'nt already been posioned.

how bout you spend $200 on the trap

:shock: that's expensive for a cardboard box thats held up at an angle by a stick with some string attached..
put some seed under the box and when the pigeons go for it.. BANG pull that string :D

if you want to experiment with the scotch and vodka you can feed it to me overnight and throw me in the backyard in the morning and see what happens:rolleyes: i'll guarentee you i wont be flying up into your neighbours tree.

a series of dowells covering the cage door, pivoting from the top works well, this is just like the trap in a racing pigeon coop.

What i do is put the rabbit hutch outside and fill it with bread etc, i have string attached to the door and when they go in i let them eat and call their freinds''coo coo coo" then whammo i pull the string which shuts the door and i have trapped pidgy pidgy's.

honestly i think its pointless.... ur going to trap a few but not going to get rid of all of them and its always going to be an issue unless pigeons become extinct all of a sudden... i wouldnt bother trying to trap them

Pigeon Infestation

Its good Jonno don't agree with poison and bait,
Uneccessarily painfull way to meet your fate
'Cause if you do lace food just check to be sure
That no natives birds end up dead on the floor
Borrowing geckodan's trap the obvious way to go
But boring compared to Twin_Rivers rice video
Pujols and his slingshot could be hours of fun
Slightly quicker with Barno111 and his shotgun
Mungus and the Bundy surely has its place
I tried to get a bird drunk, she slapped my face!
A feral animal hitman is a novel idea,
bk201 said find one who works for beer
Crack's rabbit hutch could be worth a go
Or try Googling "low budget scarecrow"
My mum scares mynahs with a big rubber snake,
Wouldn't your coastal be better than a fake?

Writing ridiculous poems...I need to get a life,
Whats that cooing from the bedroom...hope its the wife?:lol::lol:

We used to trap pigeons with a simple method.

A wooden box with a wire front and cut a small (square) hole in the front.
On top of this hole we hung some pieces of wire (fairly thick) as to have a one way door.
The pigeons could go in, but not back out.

Inside the box we had water and a good mix of bird seed.

( i hope that all made sense lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back