Tropical Cyclone Hamish

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
all I know is the wind has been picking up all afternoon hopefully it will hit us south east qlders with rain ...and you guys way up north relax its passed you lot..whitey is still under threat though..Cyclone Warning between Innisfail and Lucinda has been CANCELLED.

no one is safe at the moment, just because a warning advice has been cancelled it dosn't mean that they are safe from hamish. It could change direction with in the next 24 hrs and head anywhere. lets just hope the guys predicting its future path are on the ball.

Every update shows the changes it is making to the "predicted course" it would be nice if it heads down south, and turns into a rain depression and gives you a good soak, But with a name like "Hamish" I would be expecting a "drunken scotsman type asskicking" somewhere on the map....

Every one chill out, no one is wishing mass destruction and death upon every one.

Hamish is now a Cat. 4, here's the latest, as said, they have a mind of their own and it can change at any time.

And as to cyclones not bringing much rain? Read up on the gold coast cyclone in 1954, dropped 900mm of rain in 24 hours, a cyclone earlier this season dropped 400mm, I think it was in Weipa? I would call that a lot of rain for 1 night.

IDQ650025.gif

And here's a few pics of him
Australia32009065terra2km.jpg

SHGMSIR.jpg

And as to cyclones not bringing much rain? Read up on the gold coast cyclone in 1954, dropped 900mm of rain in 24 hours, a cyclone earlier this season dropped 400mm, I think it was in Weipa? I would call that a lot of rain for 1 night.

cyclones bring rain but not massive amounts that is needed down south. the average cyclone drops about a couple hundred mils and thats only with in the area it hits. the gold coast one sounded like a freak and that was well over 50 years ago.

the only cyclone I could find that last hit near weipa was cyclone monica in 2006 and she dropped over 400 mils above cooktown but that was a total for the weeks rainfall.

you dont need a cyclone to get alot of rain, I dont know the exact amount now but nth qld has had nearly 2000 mils in the last 2 months.

well wind is picking up really well here now ...so fingers crossed that rain comes our way .. I am actually hoping for some localised flooding as most people in our small town hope so too...

Well im gonna get belted by it probably around midnight out here on my little rock.

spent all day yesterday tieing stuff down.

its gonna be interesting

donkey my cousins are stuck there ,there doing construction work and cant get off the island ...fingers crossed hope you arent to smashed up ...my cousins arent use to severe weather they are from western sydney ...storms yes ///cyclones no ...well if you do get to meet them their names are Shane and Gavin Lee ...:)

What do they do for work, im guessing they are working on the new yaught club.

im mainly pi$$ed off cause i had a 5 hour tattoo appointment tomoz and all the boats have been cancelled.

but on the bright side it might bring some decent swell with it so might get a few days of surfing in.

they do roofing not sure what else ,but spoke to mum earlier and she told me they were there ...no doubt getting drunk at one of the bars ...:)

they do roofing not sure what else ,but spoke to mum earlier and she told me they were there ...no doubt getting drunk at one of the bars ...:)

I know i am :lol: bring on the cyclone partys :lol:

he is massive...and still heading south picked up a bit of speed just read the 5pm report ..I appologise to anyone that I offended ...I dont wish for destruction but you have to admit in a scary way this is impressive ,,,

Nobody wishes for destruction and the aireal pics are difinately impressive who needs gov.bom when we have DanTheMan

[Sure, mother nature is beautiful, but when she is destroying everything it is quite ugly.[/quote]

um, may destroy lots., but brings through a new run of life, thats were the ugly turns nice... and the life cycle of the wild needs destruction to clear and create.... cyclones are needed as much as fires.... yeah lotsa lives can be lost.... sad yes..... fact of life.... it's a lil concerning that it's nearly over a cat 3... as anything below is nothing to be worried about... it's the CAT3 and over that people really need to be concerned about.....

A mates father lives at Pt H'Brook and we had a laugh on the phone this afternoon. Dumped a bit of rain early and a bit blowy, but he reckons that this one has little sting in it and it'll blow off.
He reckons it's a bit of a dramatic **** by the media and the touros?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back