Update on my sick python...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I took them off, but whoever posted the tags 'badhusbandry' and 'roadkill' on my post - ****** you guys.
I've always looked after my little guy 100% by the book, and besides the time i spend with him otherwise, i've taken more than an hour out every single night, to stop what im doing and work my *** off to get him better.
So if you wanna tell me hes roadkill and im not looking after him, come to my place and do it so i can smack you one in the face. *******s.
Your snakes might be better lookin', but i bet mine has twice the personality.

and to everyone else, sorry about the rant...people just annoy the crap out of me when everything is based on appearances.
and thanks to everyone who gave me adivce and pointed me in the right directions and for all of their help.
i appreciate it heaps.
i'll post some more pictures when hes back to 100%
:D

dont even worry about those losers who post stupid comments, just let them pass.

please keep us update with your snake, love this story

Thank you so much for the follow up photos, you have done so much for this beautiful little animal. I totally admire your dedication and compassion. There should be more people like you who would go the extra mile for the unloved animals. :D

As for the low lifes who would put tags like that, they should be barred from this site and have all their animals confiscated as obviously they care little about animal welfare or those people who really do. :evil: Some too willing to get on the soapbox and point fingers on this site I reckon! :x Just ignore them Dove, their words speak volumes about them.

Thanks again Dove, keep up the good work, our thoughts are with you and Akiva! :D

As i said in a previous post,unless the vet speciallises in reptiles,you should always get a second opinion.Im so glad he is on the road to recovery,well done for taking the time and patience with him,you couldve taking the easy step.Could you please post some body shots,cheers.

Here ya go - the crinkle cut shots!

Attachments

• DSC_0137.jpg
    DSC_0137.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC_0139.jpg
    DSC_0139.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC_0140.jpg
    DSC_0140.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 25
I read the first post so I knew the whole story first, and I am SO glad HE is rapidly on the road to recovery. You deserve a medal for perserverance and compassion!!

I'm pretty new to this site, but thats the first time I've heard about the cat food thing. Sounds like a great vet. I have to find a good herp vet in Perth, just incase my Indi ever needs to visit.

hehe yeah the catfood thing shocked me too, but its worked wonders!
i hope u find a good vet there whos as good as peter, although i hope you have no need to ever go see him! lol

what are the bumps from and how does it affect him?

WELL DONE mate. he looks much better. any chance of getting more pics?

Cheers.
Cal

what are the bumps from and how does it affect him?

He was born with the lumps and bumps,
i chose him out of the clutch when i got him because he was like that and the breeder was just gonna kill him off, so i grabbed him :)
it doesnt affect him at all really, he eats like a pig, sheds pretty much fine (needs a little help over the main big lump) and has been happy and healthy for 7 years (except this previous illness).
He cant wiggle it well enough to swim, he just sinks.
but thats all.
I looked it all up and talked to a lot of people and apparently its because he was born with a calcium deficiency.
But it doesnt bother him or me :) hes like a crinkle cut chip. hehe.

Its good to hear that it doesn't effect him other than lack of swimming ability. Its amazing how initial appearances can deceive us all.

Just rediscovered this looking over posts for another thread.
Fantastic to hear HE (lol) is doing so well.
Yep, ******* the nay-sayers:rolleyes::rolleyes:
I've just spent $70 on the eye of a $25 Blue Tongue. Eye is all fixed, money well spent!:D
As Akiva is actually a boy, maybe HE should have a SHE as I am sure HE would be up to it although I would question it if HE was a SHE;):D
Edit: Oops you do have a SHE for your HE!:D

I wonder what causes calcium deficiency (apart from lack of calcium)?

Last edited:
thats awesome that you spent so much time and effort looking after your lizard :)
what was wrong with him?
Akiva cost me $100 and ive spent just over $700 fixing him up so far lol.
hehe, He doesnt have a SHE :p but i think if he did, they'd make the friendliest little babies on earth!!
although, im not really sure about breeding with him because i dont wanna pass on that calcium deficiency thing - if it so happens that its genetic.
Im not really sure what causes it... i wish i knew!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back