Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenshin

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
was wondering if there are any w.a herpers here ?

does anyone in w.a have olive pythons, rosenbergs monitors or goulds monitors availible

pitty how theres stuff all on the licence's over there n u cant bring pythons back cuzz they are scared of ibd when armadle reptile park has had an ibd outbreak b4 dosent make sence

Can't help you with any of those three Kenshin ... from another western warrior.

The quarantine laws into the west have always been strict on any category fruits, vegies, honey, nuts, reptiles are just another on a long list. Does it make sense? well in theory it does for the disease/bug free status but how long will that last in reality ... time will tell. It took years for us to be able to get a license to keep reptiles legally so those who have the power will always tread lightly to avoid any hiccups in the growth of that program.

And as we all know WA stands for 'Wait Awhile' so we just have to be patient ... or you'll go nutz over here in the west.

so may i ask what do you guys have??

i know that rosenbergi are on the list and so are olives but as far as i know no1 has them over there on the standard licence i know arp has em both but they are on the zoo's licence or whatever u call it and thus are unavailible to private herpers

so little on the list it would just be nice if what little was on the list is availible as stimpsons and sw carpets dont blow my skirt up like olives and rosenbergi do

Speaking of herping out west, what's the latest on them allowing Pilbara Olive Pythons to be collected?

Also, has anyone had experience with WA water pythons? I've never heard much more than boo about them but would love to learn more.

What was the story with the Armidale reptile park getting IBD?

I went to take the kids in to the Armidale reptile park on the weekend, but when I got there they said they didn't accept any cards and only took cash. I only had $20 which was kind of a relief as the setup didn't look that great - especially after I'd just been to Rocky Reptiles in Rockingham - their displays were brilliant and didn't cost a cent.

Actually speaking of WA Herps I think its bazaar the way the system works. In our back yard we'd have 6 or so Bobtailed lizards running round wild which we can't catch and keep, yet I'd see 2 or 3 most weekends squashed on the road. On top of that if I did want to keep Bobtails I'd have to fork out $100 - $200 for a single animal ??? Work that out

$100 - $200 is for a licenced pet. Bobtails in the wild are native wildlife and illegal to catch or keep.

$100 - $200 is for a licenced pet. Bobtails in the wild are native wildlife and illegal to catch or keep.

mmm think you might be missing the point. The point is that the illegality of it is hard to work out

The legalities are all over the place. It is technically legal to kill any wild reptile, but it is illegal to pick one up and keep it as a pet. :?

westaussie said:
It is technically legal to kill any wild reptile, but it is illegal to pick one up and keep it as a pet. :?

I remember Qld had a similar law twenty years ago in relation to Fruit Bats. The farmers didn't like them, so the Qld Govt. decreed that they were a noxious pest. You could shoot them, poison them, kill them any way you want, but you couldn't keep them. Find a sick one, or an abandoned baby and there were heavy fines for trying to care for them.

I hope things have changed up there.

:p

Hix

nah i used to live in perth i only moved to brisbane just under a year ago and now im faced with the possiblilty of haveing to move back hence the questions

Until relatively recently all Macropods species found in Queensland were decreed pests, so it was each landowners duty to kill them on sight. I believe it was an offence to leave them on your property. I dont think the law was heavily enforced.
-H

How did you west aussie folk come through the tornados and storms, all ok i hope.

The main storms were pretty localised with only a few outer suburbs being worst hit but most of Perth was fine. We need the rain but man I wish it wouldn't just come all at once.

Ha ha, you little southern city slickers. Should of been up here for cyclone monty, that was real rain. Harding Dam spillway flowed for three weeks after 3 days of cyclonic rain. Bridges, homesteads and roads washed clean away.

Shame about this year though, the wet season passed us and alot of other northern areas by.

Kenshin, ha ha, you will become herpless coming back to WA after the variety available over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back