Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonboy69

Reaction score
Whats the pain like when getting bitten by a large Coastal or any large Python. Can it be compared to anything such as getting bitten by a Ferret now that hurts and leaves blood. Also is there anything in reptiles that certain snake have a stronger bite than other snakes. Such as dogs they say Pitbulls have the strongest bitein the dogs.

not as bad as a ferret but snake bites can bleed.....alot, its not so much the bite that hurts but the shock of the force they can bite with that surprises you.....

just be sure to wash your hands before you handle a snake so you don't smell like food to them hehe. Alot of my mates who have snakes just drop a bit of that crocodile rubbing alcohol on their hands and rub it in to kill any germs and smells.

not as bad as a ferret but snake bites can bleed.....alot, its not so much the bite that hurts but the shock of the force they can bite with that surprises you.....
ok so when they bite then latches on and start to coil around you, and it is big what should you do if it wont release. Im worried thats what my one will do as it looks crazy I won it from the DECCW ballot. Its getting over that first hurdle after that its fine I guess.

if it bites and holds on i hear listerene works well,just pour a bit in its mouth and it should release

You have to wait till they let you go with their mouth if they hold onto you. I guess you could try and pry it off hehehe

ok so when they bite then latches on and start to coil around you, and it is big what should you do if it wont release. Im worried thats what my one will do as it looks crazy I won it from the DECCW ballot. Its getting over that first hurdle after that its fine I guess.

If its holds on and wont let go, put it under the tape or under the hose and it should let go, if not i have seen, in an absolute emergancy, alcohol poured over the mouth

My snake bites (pythons only) have been and gone before I realised what happened, they bleed a bit but are not overly painfull.......now a rat!!!thats another story....beware the rat is all i can say!

just ask the snake nicely if he will let go LOL

My snake bites (pythons only) have been and gone before I realised what happened, they bleed a bit but are not overly painfull.......now a rat!!!thats another story....beware the rat is all i can say!

i agree, i have been biten by an adult male and it went right to the bone

If its holds on and wont let go, put it under the tape or under the hose and it should let go, if not i have seen, in an absolute emergancy, alcohol poured over the mouth
Yeah there is a bit of a distance from my room were the reptiles are being kept to the tap. If I used the tap by the time it goes back to its enclosure it could latch on again so I guess its the listerene.

Yeah there is a bit of a distance from my room were the reptiles are being kept to the tap. If Iused the tap by the time it goes back to its enclosure it could latch on againso I guess its the isterene.

lol, do you have a picture of the snake you are worried about ? I would like to see him or her lol

lol, do you have a picture of the snake you are worried about ? I would like to see him or her lol

not pics atm but its the one I won in the last DECCW ballot.I have been strike at by it a few times it keeps hitting the glass and still goes back for more. I tried to grab it and it just missed my hand.Maybe it missed my hand on purpose as im not lightning quick. So yeah Im looking forward to the first bite but at the same time nervous.Because the wifes like if it bites me she doesnt want it in the house incase it gets out and bites the grand kids and im like dont worry it wont get out as its locked up. But try convincing her that

Last edited:
yeah my parnter said that my bhp's have to live outside when they are adults lol, i wont let that happen but yeah lol i just agree to keep him happy at the moment

I Think A full Grown Woma has a Good bite..Smaller teeth..but stronger bite and when they dont let go and really start working the teeth on a hand or somwhere where this is not much skin can start to suck big time after 15 mins of trying everything hahah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back