Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
go the olive i have 2 and they have the best temprement..The only time they strike at me is when they think they are getten a feed...

oh yeh Thanks for pointing that out BenReyn, Diamond pythons are very difficult to keep in QLD cause of the DPS disease which BenReyn mentiond may kill your snake from stress. You need the right type of enviroment in your enclosure aswell as humidity and temps.

it just needs to be cold enough... from what i've read as long as you give them a decent winter every year regardless of breeding an you dont over feed you will be fine:) i guess it would be harder to get it cold enough in QLD but you could do it if you really wanted

here is a good read on DPS :)
http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/australian-snakes/my-experiences-with-dps-65233

Lol, Im not to overly fuzed on Bhp or Womas.
What about Jungle Carpet's in QLD?
I know their a bit nippy but their beautiful snakes.

yer mate id be going with the coastals of even brissy carpets they are nice snakes come in huge varieties can pick some nice ones up cheap and grow big...here are just a couple variations of mine..

Last edited:
Get one of the more dociele species mentioned, you will struggle with a jungle...

The last thing you need is a snappy juvie that is going to put you off reptiles forever. Build your experience with larger snakes then move onto jungles later.

Alright, I love the Diamonds, but not a snake for me just yet. Maybe a few more years, But now I have my eyes set on Coastal carpet python, Inland carpet python or a Northwestern carpet python.
Any advice?
Thanks for your help guys.

Get a Portmac [ natural intergrade - best of both worlds. ];)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back