Which species of bearded dragon is the best?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Obrien

Reaction score
As many people know on here i have been asking alot of questions about beardies and one i have never thought of is which is the best species there are lots i noticed so just wondering which ones are the best as pets like ones that are like nice and friendly. I also would like to know the differences between them like i have seen some pictures of beardies that are fairly normal looking and then there are some that are very flat and kinda look like a frizby lol so all information is welcomed and i hope i dont start a war between the beardie owners.
Thanks.

i only really know 2 species of bd's but the central ones imo have better colouring than eastern ones.
sorry dont know any others or about temperment!!

hope i helped, hydro

i agree with the colouring statement but there are alot more species than them 2 well that i know off there are i dono whetehr they can be pets though.

and one very important thing i forgot to ask is do any of them bite and if they do does it hurt and do they have the lock jaw thing that some do?

i'd say centrals are the best by color and handling heres a pic of my big boy being a softy

100_2020.jpg

i have been biten a long time ago but that was when i first got mine, and it hurt a bit, but now he is a big softy. he is so use to me now that he would never bite, like all pets it will take time for them to get use to you.

hydro

I would say Central beardies, but I'm biased :D

And our big girl is just like jessie's boy, she loves to sit up on your shoulder and snuggle into your neck. Too cute!

I have an Inland Beardie. Dunno if that's just a term for another type.

Inland Bearded Dragon is another name for Central Bearded Dragon.

I have central beardies and pygmy beardies. The centrals are better for colors (yellows, oranges and golds) but are also bigger than the pygmys. So it depends if you want a bigger one with bright colors or if you want a smaller one with alright colors. I don't know much about easterns although there colors aren't as good as centrals.

i think theres 7- or is it 8 species 2 that i didnt see in this thread are nullabor bearded dragon and the kimberly bearded dragon

according to the complete guide (wilson and swan)

Barbata
Henrylawsoni
Microlepidota
Minor
Nullarbor
Viticeps

I dont mind the easterns, I had one eastern and one central and personally prefered the eastern. It had red streaks over its eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back