All these boys, i dunno

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mmmmmm Rattus rattus!!!

My friend was bitten by one on a field trip and his hand swelled up like an oven mit!

Pink that's so strange - I've got a friend with an oven mit shaped like a rat :roll: :) Ratatouille!

Pffffft. You funny things. You're trying hard to not say what everyones thinking; but I didn't even consider that when I had the photo taken. lol

Naivety is bliss. I'm leaving it because it makes a statement - - my snakes LOVE me. :lol:
BTW I don't do that anymore - - she's grown now. And that would just be silly.

Inny's closer to the truth - I'm a bit of a freak show. lol ( ;) In. ) No need to run away to the circus because I live in one.

I'd like to thank the boys who were bitten this last week - I really wanted some first hand accounts of what it was like to be bitten by Venomous snakes and what the symptoms were for that Fire Department thingy. And lo and behold! I got it! Thankyou - :D
Legends.

Em :)

JeffHardy said:
... he got bitten in half by a shark. Now that is a BITE.
I've already been bitten by a shark * and a moray**. And almoted nipped by a fresh water croc (his front tooth scrapped my hand). And of course various snakes, lizards, dogs, cats, rats, mice and a shetland pony.

* OK it wasn't much of a shark, only about 15 cm and it was a wobby so it had grasping teeth, and it could only just penatrate my glove but I HAVE been bitten by a shark.

**a memorial but not recommended experence. Felt Like someone had my finger in a pair of pliers and was squeezing as hard as they could.

... he got bitten in half by a shark. Now that is a BITE.
I've been tail slapped by a 400 kilo plus Mako once, that was bad enough, smashed my hand and sent me flying 10 ft across the deck of a 40ft bertram. Man that hurt. :shock:

I have just read this subject now for the first time and have found quite a bit in it about me. How did I miss that!

Yes, I was bitten by a red bellied black snake on Saturday and to "sxereturn" and "fuscus" I do know exactly what to do in that situation, I do have a snake bite kit and I do know exactly how to use it. In the 17 years I have been keeping reptiles this is the first time I have ever been bitten by a venomous snake. It happened when I was assist feeding the snake, I put the snake back into its enclosure and instead of swallowing the fuzzy as it usually does it quickly dropped it and bit my thumb on my right hand.

I knew I wouldn't have to go to hospital because it was a small snake and not a highly toxic snake. So knowing that Bob had been bitten by black snakes before I picked up the phone, called him, and asked him a couple of questions about the effects and how long they usually take to kick in.

Now, if it was a bite from a brown snake or a death adder, I would of bandaged it up properly and got my partner to drive me straight to hospital. But It wasn't, it was a little red belly, so I rang Bob to ask what he normaly does in that situation, like I said before, because I know he has been bitten by red bellies in the past.

So "sxereturn" Don't call me irresponsible when you don't even know me. And "fuscus" before you put a message on this list saying that I should know exactly what to do and I should have a snake bite kit and I should know exactly how to use it, ask me, and you might fing out that I do know exactly what to do, I do have a snake bite kit and I do know how to use it!

Daniel

ozherpconservation - please read my post

Fuscus said:
I think sxereturns point is, if you are going to keep hots you should know exactly what to do if an accident happens. At the very minimum you should have a snake bite kit, know how to use it and be familar with the symptons of your choosen pets "love bites". Of course, phoning BG is a good subsitute, providing he is home at the time.

I stand by that statement - if you keep hots you should know what to do if an accident occurs.
Now I can see where you may think I was directing the comment at you or that I was implying that you are incompetent! That was not my intent and since you seem to take offense then I apologize. But I do think you need to lighten up, your attitude is not winning any friends

Fuscus said:
But I do think you need to lighten up, your attitude is not winning any friends

I've gotta bite my tongue on this one or I may get banned again but I can't help myself.
It's not my argument but that doesn't usually stop anyone from jumping in.
You're the one that needs to lighten up Fucsus. You'd be the most condescending bloke here. I'd much rather listen to Daniel's insight than yours.
A bit harsh on my part I know and I'll probably be chastised and punished about it but I can't help putting my 2 cents worth in.

I'm ready to take my punishment now.

Greg.

No problem fuscus, I totally stand by that statement too! But like I said in my previous post, I do know what to do if an accident should occur.

Also, I am not here to make friends. I am here to trade information with other keepers, help people when they need it and maybe learn a thing or two along the way!

Daniel

Fuscus,

Now if you want to compare bites, heres some of mine. Ive had a Great White bite my flipper in two at Seal Rocks, I had a 9 ft Black Whaler gash my arm while pinching a large Jewfish I was holding. I had a 15 foot Salt Water Croc teeth(Solomon when he had some) graze my stomach as he tried to bite, I had a 1.2 metre Salty bite my hand on numerors occasions, Ive had heaps of Moray bites while hunting Lobsters, Funnel Web Spider bites, literally hundreds of Python bites and maybe 1 or 2 :roll: venomous snake bites.

How many lives you got left bigguy.....lol. :wink:
You don't see many whites at seal rocks but when you do they're normally pretty big.
Saw one at port stephens couple of years back, was a good 1000kilos or more, awesome fish... :shock: :lol:

:shock: Dangerous creatures seem to like the way you taste bigguy!
When you say you have had 1 or 2 venomous snake bites do you mean 1 to 200? :lol:

Daniel

bigguy said:
Fuscus,

Now if you want to compare bites...
You win :lol:
But I have also had heap of close calls while diving/spearfishing, huge bronzey graze my stomach with its dorsal fin, a black-V (outer reef black-tip) do the dance at me at the ribbons, a huge Moray slide over my bare arm while I was attempting to collect a clown trigger and heaps of arguements over who owned the fish I speared. Arguements with reefies are fairly easy to win except they keep coming back with more friends.

But my dads a policeman so hes tougher than your dad!!!...lol he he he

I've been bitten rescuing BTS from the dogs (Blueys), by the beardies - gosh that did hurt. -- and bleed. And an ant bit me once.

At Seal Rocks a friend - Hap Hapgood was attacked by a white. It took a huge chunk from the board and he swam to shore while it was trying to spit it out.

Lol, He went back in to get his board as a souvenir an hour later because the surf hadn't carried it in. and stepped on some sea urchins.
It helped that all his mates were on the headland cheering.

Er - I have no comment except - 'der'.

I've known some old herpers and they all handle their snakes differently. I admire anyone who does keep Vens, because it's clear they don't handle Vens without knowing all the consequences.

Em :)

I'd love to have a rbb or a collets but that's probably about it. Doing the wires venomous reptile handling course should put me incontact with enough browns to keep me happy for a lifetime. lol

i have been bitten by a dog accross the face when i was little,
cat on my arm,
possum on my finger,
dog on my arm,
budgie on my ear,
boris the rat (in CO2 hevan now he he he)
attacked by a kangaroo
chunks taken from my head by magpies
thrown off a horse, head first

erm........
i think thats it, up to date now

Yep Jeff. I was so close to be halfed by my hatchling coastal today. Regarding kicking the dog, if I kick mine dog, my wife would bite me for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back