any body interested in catching cobra`s in africa

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We lives in Sri Lanka when i was younger and one came into our house, we have pictures of my dad grabbing it by his head and chucking it out the house.

I should see if i can get mum to find them and scan them into the computer....

Mrs I

xxx

Wow your dad is brave . would love to see the pic.

ill be vietnam in april hope to see a few snakes when im there , thereis a snake farm that i am visiting that have a lot of cobra and other snakes as well i will have heaps of pick to bring back for you all to see........

A chap at work is from Thailand and used to find them on the way to school all the time, especially around banana plantations.
He said a neighbour died from getting bitten by one on the way to work.The bloke was riding a bike at dawn at slow speed and ran over something which put him off balance and he feel off and a cobra tagged him!

A chap at work is from Thailand and used to find them on the way to school all the time, especially around banana plantations.
He said a neighbour died from getting bitten by one on the way to work.The bloke was riding a bike at dawn at slow speed and ran over something which put him off balance and he feel off and a cobra tagged him!
ouch... the poor man. do you know how old he was? did he die young? hope it wasn't slow.. and painful.. don't know much bout cobra venom. lol:shock:

He said the snake was twice as long as the bicycle and was killed by a co worker.
I'm not to sure of his age but from what this guy said there is always someone getting tagged at the local banana plantation and they are far from a hospital and the people usually end up as fertaliser in the plantation :(

Who needs cobras when you have inland and coastal taipans :)

And if anyones seen an angry tiger or king brown, thats close enough to cobra-ish behaviour for me :)

I will be going to Thailand soon looking for them, sure we have some great snakes here very similar to the smaller Sp. of Cobra, but there's something special about a decent size King Cobra that other snakes don't have.

eastern brown

View attachment 39805
have you caught any before or taken some pics in there natural habitat
This is a eastern brown found in a plastic Garbage bin, in a steel fabrication factory,not in its natural habitat , but a wild one on its way to a better place.
ill post a pic where i let it go.
cheers steve.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back