BURMESE PYTHON

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Killer

Reaction score
:?: WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF ANYBODY HERE AS RAISED ANY :?: I'VE WAS GIVEN ONE 03'BABY FEMALE :roll: I KNOW WHAT HER NEEDS ARE AN HOW TO TAKE PROPER CARE OF HER :D I WASN'T EXPECTING TO GET INTO GIANT SNAKE OWNERSHIP :? I WAS OUT MARKETING MY BUSINESS(CUSTOM REPTILE HABITATS)WHEN I WAS APPROACHED AN THIS BREEDER WAS UNABLE TO SELL IT TO THE PET SHOP.(THEY SAID THEY COULDN'T SELL IT,NOBODY WANTS A GAINT SNAKE. :oops: )WE TALKED ABOUT MY BUSINESS AND THEN HE SAID HE DIDN'T WANT TO TAKE THIS 03'BABY BACK TOO GA.DID I WANT IT FOR MY COLLECTION :?: I TOLD HIM I DIDN'T HAVE $125.00 HE WAS ASKING :shock: HE SAID DON'T WORRY ABOUT THAT(HE MADE ENOUGH $$ OFF THE REPTS. HE SOLD TO THE STORE :!: ) SO NOW I'M A PROUD OWNER OF A BEAUTIFUL BURMESE. IT'S MARKINGS ARE VERY BRIGHT W/DARK BROWN BLOCHES W/CREAMY TAN BODY,ABOUT 13" BY 1"DIA. SHE ATE TWO HOPPERS LAST NIGHT :lol: .ANY COMENTS/ADVISE WELCOME :D :D :shock: KILLER

Burmese pythons are considered exotic In Australia and therefore illegal.You will notice this is an Australian site so it is highly unlikely any one will be able to give you any advice.
Almaron is our only American member that may be able to help you.
The only advice I can give you is to have a good long think about wether you will be able to look after a 300lb snake in a couple of years.
If you can..then best of luck..I am a little envious.

Killer - it WILL eat your cat if you're not careful. Your dog too and probably your pet goat and parents when it's older, so make sure he's nice and secure. Good luck!

Killer,
Burms are fantastic snakes, and very hardy, which is something that has made them one of the most popularly kept snakes in the world, particularly in the USA and UK, and especially in the 80's and 90's when people didn't know as much as they do now about husbandry.
People have access to alot more species now than 10-20 years ago, it used to be a royal python if you wanted a small snake, a boa if you wanted a med/lg snake and a burmese if you wanted to get into the real big uns! And that was what was most commonly available and kept by people wanting to keep Boids.

Yes Burms get big, but generally they have fantastic temprements and are great characters, you obviously know that the snake is going to get big, so if you feel you can provide it with the necessary sized viv and requirements then good luck to you, it's not everyday you are lucky enough to be given a snake for free!

Happy Herping !

NCHERPS

BURMESE:Thanks

I'm sorry they are illegal over there :oops: I wasn't planning on ownership of a GAINT :shock: buy I have the room an time. I know her needs @ how to take precautions with her, when she turns into a GAINT :shock: :!: I can't wait :D :wink: THANKS for U'RLL'S INPUT :D :lol: 8)

hey check out the article on the home page 'large boide attacks' might make ya think twice lol

Burms are quite common, and %99.99 of people that keep them have no problems. They are usually quite docile. Flip side is that it turns out that they are far and away the #1 snake that kill their keepers here in the US. People who keep venomous snakes always have that in the back of their minds when dealing with them. With a burm however, it is way to easy to get careless. Just don't ever let yourself get sloppy and careless. Good luck, and enjoy.

Nah, a Burm with classic markings. No Albino junk for me.

All i can say ;;; They have to have biiiig **** to clean up.
They are nice snakes but.

U'R RIGHT ABOUT THE **** @ PISS WHEN THIER 10' +. I HUNSTLY DON'T LOOK FORWARD TO THAT;BUT IT'S PART OF OWNERSHIP.

A snake that only craps once a week or two, can't be any worse than a dog that does it every day. :?

Yes Mags, I definatly prefer a normal burm to the albinos. I'd still rather have a retic than a burm though. If you're going to have a snake that can kill you, you might as well have one that's going to try. :D

MAN something that size must hav 3 chickens at one sitting or something like that lol :}

I am so happy to see a post regarding Burms. Most this group does not own them and I have several. I love them but they are a tremendous responsibility due to their size, strength and needs.
Rather than go on at length about it here I have a page on my site at http://www.reptilerescue.com/burmese.shtml
For general care practices for burms.

I am glad to hear you build cages because these guys will need a strong safe and secure enclosure.
I wish you the best of luck and I hope you will enjoy your new baby while he still is a baby. In a year he will reach over 6 feet.

Hugs and Hissessss,
Maria

Hey Maria

that's a nice page you have on Burmese. It says all the right things and makes the potential Burmese owner aware of the problems in a friendly way. I think they are fantastic snakes and I'd love to have one to observe but I guess for me thay are too big for the limited time I'd be able to handle one. I'll stick with my Olives, Bredlis and my sweet diamond SNAP!.

Enjoyed your page though.

G 8)

I need to find that guy to clean my cages. Smiling and everything. :shock:

You know, I just realized rereading this thread where I've seen SnakeBabe before. I've seen her on TV. I think the show was about animals and magic. She was showing behind the scenes type stuff. Like practicing undoing handcuffs with scorpians in her hands. If I remember correctly, they had a lot of really cool birds they had rescued too. Out in Vegas. I think the show was on animal planet, or discovery channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back