Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
there was a ranger who lived in and worked in the little desert national park, hes dead now but he used to live behind the kiata hotel up the road from dimboola,and kept heaps of herps,,i stayed with him for a while in the early 80s..roy?? cant remember his last namedoes anyone know who im talking about??this great man was a huge influence for me,wish i could remember his bloody name

there was a ranger who lived in and worked in the little desert national park, hes dead now but he used to live behind the kiata hotel up the road from dimboola,and kept heaps of herps,,i stayed with him for a while in the early 80s..roy?? cant remember his last namedoes anyone know who im talking about??this great man was a huge influence for me,wish i could remember his bloody name
somebody must have known this guy

Garth from GARTHNFAY is a herper i respect and look up to
That was really nice of you ST to say that about Garth, he is my reptile hero also as it was him who showed me the beauty in reptiles.
Others that I have heaps of respect for and value their opinion are Indicus, True Blue, Bigguy, NCHERPS.
Also meeting and talking to John Cann and knowing Kel Worley has done it for me.
Garth's hero's are Louis Robichaux (caught the longest scrubby ever), Graeme Gow. John Cann and Eric Worrell.

re Credit

Everyones got their bits of knowledge,serpentongue,pike,indicus,longtom and trueblue for knowledgable answers to questions,some like Mr Bredli and Hix are good reading at times and amusing :D

thanx

I would like to thank mother nature and evolution for putting these beautiful and amazing creatures on the earth! And of course all you guys 'n' girls at Aussie Pythons... It is a great site full of useful information and great discussions! Thanks guys :D

re Credit

Oh i forgot Jungle Freak,when i asked him for imfo on bhps after buying some he emailed me detailed imformation on husbandry,how was that for service :D :wink:

re Credit

serpenttongue said:
By the way Zulu, is you avatar picture of Metallicas "Black" album or Spinal Taps "Black" album? :lol:
Cheeky bugger serp thats me with me eyes closed outside blactown railway station :D

Definately 5 x individuals who have given me support & who I have high regard for are:

1) Mr John McGrath
2) Mr Greg Narker
3) Mr Danny Brown
4) Mr Rob Porter
5) Finally the PRINCESS Saz or Sarah Codman

Also Brian from the Herpshop who is an amazing guy who gives me advice, even when he doesnt get a sale from it - mind you I generally only buy from him anyway - HES THE MAN

hey i 4got

Sorry, i forgot to mention mr bredls/Brendon and ssssnakeman for their help on my diamond python hibernation issue... Thanks heaps guy's! Your replies were prompt and informative! Cheers guy's :D

I'd have to say Allen Henderson helped me out the most, I was in primary school and was a member of a nature club for kids at a small place that Allen owned, he gave me details of breeders and general husbandry and also gave me a spiny leaf insect which was a great pet for a year or so.
Also my first reptiles came from Mip and Mick Pugh, and Reef and River Aquatics who were extremely helpful and i continue to deal with them today.
You peoples are all great help as well.

Give credit where credits due.......
Firstly i would like to express my graditude to a herper who is IMO one of the best herpers to come out of Australian herpaculture....With personal friends like the late Mr Worrell teaching and taking him on field trips; his knowledge, expertise, and passion are second to none. He is responsible for helping some of the most noted herpetologists in the Australian industry get to the position they are today......often with little credit (some wouldn't admit it). His approach and handling skills are of someone that has a natural affinity with reptiles; at one.....I thank him for encouraging, guiding, and teaching me all i wish to know......
Thanks Bawana; for putting up with me; for all the great first hand stories; your friendship and all your help...... :wink:
I'd also like to thank friends like Browns who has overcome personal obstacles to maintain a herp collection that most able body herpers would have trouble keeping to such high standards.....thanks mate; your drive and passion is a credit to you and encouragement to us all....... :wink:
Oh before i forget many thanks to you to Mr Danny Brown.... :wink:
Thanks also to those that supported us; i couldnt afford to keep what pets i have without you...I hope you get the same enjoyment out of them as we have.
Lastly many thanks to all the new herpers....your new found passion and enjoyment; is uplifting and makes it seem all worthwhile.......I thankyou all 8) .

Well, I would first like to thank APS, for feeding my hunger for reptile info, goss and pics, (much to the disappointment of my girlfriend who claims I spend way to much time on the computer).
Also to all the members whom I have learnt so much from, especially Jungle_freak and TrueBlue for their patience and knowledge.

indicus said:
Lastly many thanks to all the new herpers....your new found passion and enjoyment; is uplifting and makes it seem all worthwhile.......I thankyou all 8) .

Hey! That's me! I'm a new herper :p

Thanks again for the beaut bredli indicus.

Quote: ?

somebody must have known this guy
found him, his name was keith hatley and he was the first ranger at little desert,,he died last year aged 90,,this man was a legend ..r.i.p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back