Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did have a talk with a snake catcher here that snakes caught that aren't native are sometimes given to the catcher or another wildlife carer. I don't know about seized reptiles.

I did have a talk with a snake catcher here that snakes caught that aren't native are sometimes given to the catcher or another wildlife carer. I don't know about seized reptiles.

What exactly do you mean by not native?? Are we talking about native to area or native to Australia?

Ben

The main reason none of their experts would definitively identify the carpets is because of all the morphs/hybrids out there
If someone won a snake identified as Palmerston Jungle and it was actually an Atherton Jungle they would probably try to sue the department for false advertising
So a lot safer to just say carpet python and be done with it
one sues to recover damages.....what damages ? the cost of a bus/train fare ! or the cost of a little petrol... that would be the extent of Qantum.

This is a waste of public service funds,the carpets and murray turtle were on the previous exemp list anyway,they were probably better off where they were before they cofiscated them,does stuffall for conservation.

What's wrong with this system of giving the animals a new home. I think it is better having the reptiles keep by a licensed keeper. The idea of licensing is to keep a record of reptiles keep and try to prevent wild capture. I don't see a problem with that.

Last edited:
This is a waste of public service funds,the carpets and murray turtle were on the previous exemp list anyway,they were probably better off where they were before they cofiscated them,does stuffall for conservation.
What if the animals were poached?, how can one even know if they were being kept off license

What's wrong with this system of giving the animals a new home. I think it is better having the reptiles keep by a licensed keeper. The idea of licensing is to keep a record of reptiles keep and try to prevent wild capture. I don't see a problem with that.

Enforcing all the common species is a problem,takes resources away from more important areas, ie endangered species.

Whats this all about? sorry im kinda new and don't understand.

Ben

When people do naughty things the DECCW confiscates their animals. So those animals need new homes. If you contact them with what you want you go into a kind of lotto to "win" one of them

Damn no phone calls for me :(

Actually got a call for the adult diamond about 10 mins after posting

Last edited:
Make sure you post pics so we can play the game of "Pick the sub-species" with it. Oh and don't try suing them for not telling you the right info ;)

Nice dangles...id have liked to of taken the Diamond, but i cant bring home a snake with a broken arm :(
Post pics please, im interested to see it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back