How often to clean the snake cage?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
few pics of some aspen... looks great...and i recon it also keeps the smell down compared to other substrates too.

Last edited:
Clean it when it is soiled, common sense here. When you are responsible for keeping a captive animal you need to ensure that its environment is impeccable and if that standard can't be maintained, give the animal to someone who can.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but I hate seeing snakes in filthy enclosures, how would you like to have to walk over your own waste? You wouldn't, so......

As for an answer to your question, look at your snakes enclosure and answer this, would you be happy living in there? If not clean it.

Good on you for asking the question, I love it when people ask questions, I hate it when people bag them for asking questions they think are stupid.

No question is stupid and none of us were born knowing it all, although I know a few people who think they were.

can you use hay?
and do you have to steralize it if you get it from your grass clippings?
cheers,
Will

can you use hay?
and do you have to steralize it if you get it from your grass clippings?
cheers,
Will

The world doesn't need sterilising Wil, reptiles have been around long before we were here and will probably long after we have gone.

You must have OCD.

LOL

clean the enclosure when it's dirty...
how would you like sliding around your house on your belly with your own crap on the floor...

i clean his tank when he poos, otherwise he poos as soon as i've cleaned it. :)

i used sand for my bredli till i noticed it was getting stuck under his scales, hes been happy on newspaper ever since! :)

i just use water for cleaning,...soak whatever rocks hes soiled and change the paper.

btw, the newspaper is very thick on the bottom, like whole newspaper thickness so all the liquid gets absorbed when he poos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back