I Must Vent!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought a 2003 Holden Barina nearly 2 yrs ago. At 60,000ks all wheel bearings had to be replaced. CV joints and boots have stuffed up and been replaced. Then the gear linkages had to be replaced because we lost nearly all the gears. Now Dave has hit a Hare, and it has hit the airconditioner condenser which has pushed back on the gas pipe(all gas has leaked out), which has pushed back on radiator which now has a slight leak. Just as well we have Comprehensive Insurance, and also bought an extended Warranty. Darn plastic cars. Grrrrr!!!!

I cant feel the pain as i own an 'ol 92 Hilux 4x diesel which just keeps going and going and going and going and going and going and going....you get the picture.

Worst car though was a......Lada...always something going wrong. Absolute poo.

Hahahaha I used to drive a Lada Niva, They sure are crap but a hell of a lot of fun to drive! I used to take it off road anywhere!

p.s

I drive a tow truck for a living so lve seen lots of horror stories . Lots of light plane pilots dont like to be the first to take one up after it has been serviced . Its not always the mechanics fault , if something is on the way out moving it around [ during service ] will hurry it up . lf you are going to drive an old car [ l do ] you should invest in a manual , some tools and some basic training . Not only will it save you money but girls that can fix cars are very hot .

For starters you DON'T have to get your car serviced at the dealer you bought it from to keep your warranty, I owned a workshop and was authorised to service new cars and keep their warranty valid and many other shops do too, Ultra tune is just one I can think of. That is such poo and Dealers want you to beleive that but it is nonesense!!!! Second 260z having a motherboard that can be checked with a diagnostic tool????? Someone is pulling your leg!!! Thirdly carby motors backfire due to being lean, not rich or it can be due to ignition timing.

,i didnt even ring them i took my bike back to them and some goose didn`t check the timing,the pulsar coil in my magneto got fryed in the process grrrr $300 more dollars i wasnt impressed,

Replacing the coil will not effect the timing at all nor should the timing fry the magneto, sounds like they misdiagnosed the problem in the first place and covered their own bums, I think the magneto sounds like it was the main problem but they wanted to charge you for both, I don't think you needed a new coil but they didn't want to tell you that.

firstly adam.... when your warrenty is done by harrier which ours is up here in townsville YES you do have to have ur car serviced by the dealer.... dude this is my job....

Secondly her electrics have been totally replaced before i got her when the uprade to the foot pedal high beam switch was installed.... making the motherboard power supply thingy new in 2005.

Thirdly cars also back fire when they are running too rich.... as the choke had accidently been hooked up to both the carbys rather than just the one which had her running perfectly....

If you are refering to brand new car warranties, I will stand by what I have said, I only closed my shop last year.
Secondly your car still doesn't have a motherboard, it may have a fuse box but no motherboard.
Thirdly cars simply DON'T backfire if they are too rich. 20 years of being a mechanis tells me this, so I do know what I am talking about this time.

I drive a tow truck for a living so lve seen lots of horror stories . Lots of light plane pilots dont like to be the first to take one up after it has been serviced . Its not always the mechanics fault , if something is on the way out moving it around [ during service ] will hurry it up . lf you are going to drive an old car [ l do ] you should invest in a manual , some tools and some basic training . Not only will it save you money but girls that can fix cars are very hot .

I finally found a manual that didnt have pages ripped out or wasn't written in a foreign language and it was in the mail on tuesday lol....

I can do normal things, change sparkies, change oil and filters etc but when it comes to the big stuff i get a bit scared.... dont want ot break her..... although everyone else seems to be doing a good job!!! lol

*bangs head against wall* perhaps im not using the right terminology the thing that powers the whole car not the distributor...

*bangs head against wall again* here in townsville no one else is an approved repairer with a harrier/gmac new car warranty.... therefore you cannot get ur car serviced anywhere else and then expect ur warranty claim to go through for ur cupholder or torn seat etc...

Adam take my car for a drive with the choke out and tell me that getting too much fuel doesnt back fire your car..... it'll take you 20mins to get down the street.

Soooo, we've completely paid off our car now(loan was through St. George Finance), are we allowed to use another repairer other than the car yard that we bought the car through? Cheers Cheryl

when i said motherboard i didnt mean like a computer obviously cos she does not have one which is why she should be so easy to work on...... i meant ur actual power supply box thing that runs all the wires out of it..... and they used the same thing that i do that little yellow machine with two wires and needles coming out of it to check the power charge/signal etc.....

And Tony Ireland Holden Townsville, Cairns & Charters Towers use Harrier New & Used Car Warranty which not all dealerships use....

You might very well be right about Townsville having no other repairers authorised, but you can get your car serviced elsewhere in towns that have authorised shops, the condition is that all repairs and services MUST use genuine parts and oils and all warranty repairs to be carried out by the dealer. I used to be approved for Holden,Honda,Mitsubishi,Ford,Hyundai,Toyota and many more, I also carried out many services on these makes and stamped their warranty books with no problems.
Mayhap I should take your car for a dive, then you will get the correct diagnosis, as I don't lie to women because I want to get more money out og them, that is why my shop made plenty of money, I don't lie to my customers.
That little thingy is a multi-meter.
Yes rodent rancher you could have used an authorised repair shop even before you paid the loan out. Dealers always try to make you go back to them and there is never any need to.

Soooo, we've completely paid off our car now(loan was through St. George Finance), are we allowed to use another repairer other than the car yard that we bought the car through? Cheers Cheryl

Once your 3yr warranty runs out whether you have finance on it or not you can take it to another repairer..... although if the three years or whatever your warranty companys standard is then no.... well you can but you could void your warranty.... this is only with the warranty company we use..... hope thats of some help cheryl :)

You DON'T have to use the original dealer, this is bull!!!!!!!! You can use ANY mechanic as long as they are authorised from the car company!!!!!!!!!!
Read my post above!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back