I Must Vent!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I took my harley in for a tune up and by the time they finished it cost me $1200, I picked it up, it started and ran fine, took off and it pooped itself 300m down the road!!!!
While I was waiting for them to come and get it I read the invoice properly, they had actually taken it on 5 test rides through the Adelaide hills for 2 to 3 hours each time and charged ME $60 an hour for the privelage!!! AND it still isnt running right!!!!!!!!!!

Gee im glad im a mechanic and work at a dealership, dont have any problems lol. Except you never get paid enough :lol:

Thats why I left dealerships mate and opened my own shop.

I took my harley in for a tune up and by the time they finished it cost me $1200, I picked it up, it started and ran fine, took off and it pooped itself 300m down the road!!!!
While I was waiting for them to come and get it I read the invoice properly, they had actually taken it on 5 test rides through the Adelaide hills for 2 to 3 hours each time and charged ME $60 an hour for the privelage!!! AND it still isnt running right!!!!!!!!!!
nice :shock:

I'm lucky enough to have not had any trouble with my new Lancer (touch wood) but have just spent the day replacing the rear door window because some little (expletive deleted) decided he wanted my work laptop more then I did.

In all including tint $270 and about an hours work on my part (I'm really no mechanic :) )

(Many many expletives deleted) what an inconvenience

best thing you all should do a basic mechanics course and fix the problem yourself i do all the work on my bikes and cars myself. the last thing i did was a fuel pump on my bike the bike shop wanted 1200.00 bucks to do it i did it myself for 280.00 bucks basic services are not that difficult doing brakes are easy just take your time when learning

I do most of the work on my other bikes and cars myself, but I like to put the harley in the hands of an expert, my usual mechanic was busy and I learnt an expensive lesson in patience!!!

oh yeah and these ppl that have been owrking on her i chose because out of all the ppl i have rang they were the only ones that actually knew what she was..... makes u want to become a mechanic and autoelectrician just so u can work on ur own car!!!!

I hear ya loud and clear, and please PM me with the details of who you went to so I know not to let them touch MY BABY!

My Girl isn't as old as yours (she turns 20 this year) and she sure isn't as flash as yours, but she is my pride and joy. She was our first car and will only ever be my only car. I have been her for just on 4 years and this town sucks bottom big time when it comes to mechanics.
We service our car, we don't take her to the mechanic unless there is something drastically wrong, and we do that only because we have to not because we want to.
I'm more mechanically minded that my boyfriend but I have to tell him what to say cause they think they can rip off the chick!

Any good honest mechanics looking for a job.....move to Townsville. Start up in you back yard and work up from there. A legit Mechanic would make a killing in Townsville, cause people would have someone to refer their mates too!!!

Any good honest mechanics looking for a job.....move to Townsville. Start up in you back yard and work up from there. A legit Mechanic would make a killing in Townsville, cause people would have someone to refer their mates too!!!

There's been a mob up here advertising regularly for the last 3 months for a good mechanic.
I'm quite capable of doing most service items myself, my first 10 cars none cost more than $750. There's a diference between "can" and "want to". :D

I had an experience with a well known dealership here in Adelaide recently. Every time you put the car in for a service on the invoice is "windshield washer fluid", $2.80. I also knew that they were "supposed" to do a tyre rotation too. Well, I put a bit of insulating tape just over the windshield washer bottle cap. I also marked the tyres. Guess what? The invoice had it all itemised, $2.80 for the fluid, $56 for rotating the tyres. Guess what, the tape was in the same position and the tyre markings were exactly the same!! When I challenged it the claim was they had new people on the job and didn't know the procedure. They didn't know the procedure, but they are working on my near new vehicle!! How many other people are they doing this to? Nice little money spinner for doing nothing! I am afraid I just don't trust "most" motor mechanics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back